Senior QA Analyst
TransUnion Consumer Interactive (TUCI), a wholly owned subsidiary of TransUnion, is looking for an experienced Software Quality Engineer. TUCI builds credit monitoring applications for consumers, like you. Typically these applications allow a consumer to view their credit report, credit score, receive credit alerts, lock their credit to prevent fraud, and simulate a credit score based on various parameters.
Candidates should have a solid grasp of quality assurance processes and procedures as they relate to the software development life cycle (SDLC) in the building of web applications, mobile applications, and web services. Two to Six years of experience is ideal.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, with the ability to interface with software developers with a strong technical background and perhaps translate to those without one.
How you’ll Contribute:
Test Planning & Execution: Primarily focused on writing and executing test cases for testing of new product requirements and any production software or system/platform changes.
- Writing and executing manual test cases related to front-end testing of new product requirements.
- Writing and executing web service test cases related to the back-end testing of new product requirements.
- Reading java code from developer code reviews to aid in test planning.
- Writing SQL queries for test data setup.
QA Lab Deployments: Performs lab deployments of applications and services under test in a UNIX environment.
- Configuring deployment of new back-end code.
- Making manual property changes related to a code in a UNIX environment.
- Configuring deployment of front-end code.
Defect Management and Investigation: Writes detailed and complete defects related to software bugs and verifies and documents defect fixes.
- Reading error log messages related to the applications under test to support defect investigation.
- Writing defects, including steps to reproduce including applicable supporting. documentation, such as log error messages or screen shots.
- Writing SQL queries for defect verifications
What you’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or a combination of work and educational experiences that demonstrates experience independently testing software applications.
- 2-6 years of direct experience functioning in a software engineering environment and demonstrate experience or ability at effectively performing software quality assurance processes and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and should be able to function independently as a team member.
- Familiarity with SoapUI for writing and executing web service test cases related to the back-end testing of new product requirements.
- Familiarity with the code review process and tools, e.g. Code Collaborator, for code reviews which provide links to the java code to aid in proper test planning.
- Familiarity with SQL and writing queries for test data setup and defect investigation/ resolution.
- Familiarly with deployment tools such as Puppet or Chef for deployment of code.
- Familiarity with OpenDeploy/Interwoven for deployment of front-end code.
- Familiarity with JIRA for defect management.
- Familiarity with Splunk for defect investigation/verification.
- Ability to work with repositories in a team environment.
- Agile methodology knowledge is a plus.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top