Senior Project Manager
TransUnion of Canada: Senior Project Manager
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
What You Will Do
Apply excellent working knowledge of job methodologies, processes and company objectives in completing assignments that are varied in nature and that require the use of creative problem solving to achieve results. Work on business issues and problems of complex nature where analysis of situations requires the evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Project Management: Lead complex projects involving multiple departments across specialty areas that have significant impact on business productivity and operations. Independently manage timelines, resources, budget, staff and implementation efforts. Project managed are typically less than 1 year endeavors with the majority of projects completed within six to nine months.
- Collaboration: Drive collaboration across teams and departments. Address issues upfront, define alternative solutions, resolve conflict and create lasting, productive partnerships with clients. Provide resources and organizational structure to promote collaborative efforts to project modules.
- Project Delivery: Deliver projects on time and in budget. Make changes to project phases as needed to address changes or problems to original project scope. Communicate with senior management regarding project obstacles and make necessary changes to project team makeup and scope in effort to continue progress towards deliverables.
- Communication: Convey goals and objectives to project team members in a clear and compelling manner. Actively listen during project meetings and clarify information as needed. Produce concise project status reports that articulate project delivery. Ensure that issues and successes are clearly communicated to team members, stakeholders, sponsors and all levels of management. Ensure and promote open communication on the project teams. Tactfully and candidly address situations to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk.
- Change Management: Recognize the impact corporate culture has on the success of projects and know how to use the organization to achieve project objectives. Strategically position projects within overall BU short and long term goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- BS in CS, computer engineering or equivalent required, MS preferred.
- Minimum of 9 years' project management experience focusing on the delivery of IT solutions in a complex environment.
- Excellent judgment in selecting the methods and tools needed to develop solutions.
- Requires significant experience managing project work plans, proven ability in building relationships with broad range of constituencies, strong technical background, strong communication skills, an ability to develop a deep understanding of the business domains of the users involved, & a demonstrated ability to direct teams to successful implementation.
- Must have excellent written and oral reporting skills; demonstrated organizational skills; management experience; ability to work under deadline pressure; diplomacy; analytic and problem solving skills.
- Nice to have: Scrum experience. CSM certified, with a CSP (certified scrum practitioner)
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top