Senior Manager, Technical Incident Communications
Technical Incident Communications Manager
As a Communications Manager, you will work individually and in tandem with your team members to build out the appropriate team, develop processes, and obtain tools to efficiently and effectively communicate incident/change related items to TransUnion's B2B customer base and internal stakeholders. You'll need to manage multiple efforts simultaneously, with occasionally conflicting priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build out a best in class communications team that owns and manages internal and external incident communications in a 24x7 environment
- Create a strong communications process that ensures both the customer and internal management are notified of impacting outage situations using official communications templates and procedures
- Review all current communication processes and documentation and revise as deemed appropriate
- Provide well written timely updates to the senior leadership team
- Analyze and overhaul the communication tools to be used to notify customers in an expeditious fashion
- Research and determine the right level of automation and recommend automation options
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure appropriate metrics are gathered, reviewed, and reported to the internal stakeholders
- Develop and manage a process that includes 24x7x365 shift rotation Write operations processes and procedures for immediate direct reports and downstream teams
- Serve as the focal point for all incident communications
- Attend customer bridge calls, customer facing post-incident meetings, status meeting, customer Quarterly Review Board (QBR), and any/all other incident related calls
- Review and participate in RFP, SLA, SOW discussions
- Write and/or review Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documents and work with various teams to get them reviewed, signed off and disseminated within the predetermined timelines
- Provide ongoing (daily/weekly/monthly) key performance metrics to leadershipAny additional ad-hoc assignments as directed to meet business need
As Communications Manager, you should have 10 years' experience working in an IT environment with specialized experience in Communications.
You should also have a Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field, or demonstrated real world experience.
- Incident/Problem Management experience
- Experience in Financial Services (FS) Credit, and Auto industry (preferred)
- Strategic leader with long term holistic focus
- Experience managing and developing associates, delegating tasks, performance reviews, ect.
- Tactical ability to build out a new team, recognize talent and instill quality throughout
- Ability to juggle many conflicting priorities all with high urgency
- Experience working with senior leaders at the client site, inclusive of C-suite talent
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated individual with little to no supervision required
- Knowledge of communication tools and market processes
- Understanding of customer SLA's, SOW, RFP's, etc.
- Polished, professional talent Open-mindedness
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top