Senior Linux Systems Administrator
How You'll Contribute:
Engineering and Provisioning
- In accordance with standards and project/operational requirements, install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Configure and maintain virtualization technologies across all environments
- Execute datacenter tasks that include racking, un-racking, cabling, shipping and receiving equipment
Operations and Support
- Participate in production support on-call rotation with available escalation paths and support teams. Investigate and troubleshoot infrastructure network issues
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Create, change, and delete user and service accounts per request
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted teams.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Related engineering degree
- 5 years administration of infrastructure systems
- Experience/knowledge of Linux, networking and storage (SAN/NAS)
- Working knowledge of Windows and VMWare a plus
- Experience or knowledge of automation, configuration management, and orchestration is a real plus
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations professionally, calmly and with urgency
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in the latest technology and trends
- Solid work ethic and initiative
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top