Senior Linux Security Engineer
"The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas - not technology."
- Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we'll bring:
- A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- Our team offers the opportunity to continually grow and learn new technologies. This allows us to keep our skills fresh and enable us to support the environment
What you'll bring:
- At least 7 years' experience working in an UNIX/Linux environment
- Extensive experience with securing, hardening, and maintaining systems with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7
- Demonstrated knowledge of automation using scripting technologies like bash, Perl, Python (preferred), or similar tools
- Demonstrated background in Linux security through such as complex audit.d, sudoers, and ssh key administration
- Can work through complicated issues and communicate effectively
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and have a strong interest in sharing and teaching others about your ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
We'd prefer to see:
- Are an effective organizer and can solve technical problems at various levels of difficulty and document the process and resolution
- Experience with JSON, Lucent, RegEx, OSSEC RegEx
- Some exposure to the following technologies: Docker, Puppet, Red Hat, Splunk, Elasticsearch, OSSEC
- Experience with administration or implementation in AWS public cloud and on-prem private cloud technologies
- Experience with performance tuning for Linux based services and applications
Impact you'll make:
- You'll act as a Lead Linux Security Engineer for a variety of our Technology teams
- You'll be responsible for pushing the completion of project agendas as quickly as possible
- Work on a team of specialists that focus on our Security access management, OSSEC and Elastic Stack Software products
- Work very closely with our business partners communicating information about system health, outages, or status of support requests
- Serve as an expert and knowledge source for the escalation of complex application design and development issues
- Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop software solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications, with limited or no supervision
- Document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top