Senior Java Developer
Senior Web Developer
This role is for a web developer that will operate as a member on one of the core teams responsible for enabling new features and optimizing strategic Analytics platforms across TransUnion. Our multi-Petabyte platforms support a diverse community of internal and customer-based data scientists, statisticians, modelers, product developers and data strategists.
As a contributing member on one of our agile development teams, you will have both the accountability and freedom to build systems that are taking TransUnion to the next level.
Success in this role requires a blend of skills in the following technologies:
- Web Application Development
- BI Reporting and Visualization
- Database Management
- Big Data
- ETL/Data Integration
How You’ll Contribute
- Collaborate with stakeholders on requirements and implementation approaches for addressing demand and challenges
- Deploy and Implement leading-edge analytics environments including software, end-user tools and other data services
- Design and Develop tools and services enabling end-user productivity and system integrations
- Partner with business resources to troubleshoot issues, manage capacity, and plan for the optimization and expansion of environments
- Assist end-users in analytic development activities such as research, evaluations, and prototyping
- Train, coach and support users on environment, tools, data and services
- Maintain and ensure availability and quality of on-going data feeds
- Act as internal subject matter expert in the evolving landscape of analytics and Big Data
What You’ll Bring
- Five or more years of hands-on experience in a software development profession
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Java or C
- Proficiency working in a Linux-based environment, including shell scripting and basic system administration
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL programming. NoSQL database experience a bonus
- Experience working on a team operating under an Agile Scrum delivery methodology
- Experience with Data Visualization tools, such as Tableau, D3.js, or OBIEE
- Understanding of Hadoop and mainstream ecosystem projects, such as Hive, Drill, and Spark
- Understanding of Cloud Platforms (AWS Preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top