Senior Java Architect
About the Job
This position is responsible for the architecture and technical design of complex software applications for TransUnion Consumer Interactive (TUCI). Working with TUCI Product Development, partners, vendors and engineers, under the direction of TUCI management, the Software Architect plays a critical role in designing new TUCI applications.
This position is also responsible for understanding the architecture of existing TUCI systems and applying that knowledge to support, maintain, enhance and migrate legacy systems to new platforms.
The Software Architect is responsible for mentoring and checking the work of other designers and acts as a high-level expert in the architecture and design of highly complex systems. The architect also has full technical knowledge and thorough understanding of the business application of TUCI systems for processing consumer credit transactions.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develops the high level architecture and detail design for complex TUCI applications.
- Ensures that all architectural designs are based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Reviews business requirements for technical feasibility and logical defects.
- Translates business requirements into technical design documents.
- Reviews the work of other designers for simplicity, maintainability, and completeness.
- Assists engineering and operation teams in debugging critical production problems.
- Ensures all appropriate artifacts are created for architecture and design work.
- Identifies and communicates cross-functional or 3rd party issues to manager or appropriate authority for action. Follows through on all design issues to successful resolution.
- Researches and analysis new technologies for use by TUCI (e.g. IDE’s, libraries).
- Assesses and documents lessons learned from a previous project.
What You’ll Bring
- 8 plus years of software engineering experience.
- 4 plus years of application design experience.
- Experience in web application development using JPA, XML, SQL, Web Services.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems, e.g Maven, Jenkins, Nexus
- Strong Knowledge of J2EE technologies and OO design patterns.
- Proficient in creating UML and BPMN modeling language diagrams.
- Experience with Linux and WebLogic or similar application servers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience as software development team leader.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top