Senior Information Security Engineer
How You'll Contribute
- Responsible for a designated set of software tools and the security functionality of these tools, such as web proxies, intrusion detection systems, and web application firewalls
- Oversee functionality of security systems to ensure security policies are being withheld including internet browsing restrictions and software downloads
- Responsible for implementation, maintenance and monitoring of security systems with emphasis on web proxies and intrusion detection
- Responsible for managing change management process on security systems
- Responsible for keeping as-build documentation up to date
- Execute enhancement efforts for one or more security product implementations
- Provide network and system troubleshooting expertise for rapid system recovery
- Partners with Security Architects to understand system requirements and functionality and implements changes to system against the requirements and functional design
- Provide on-call security support for the company on a rotational basis
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You'll Bring:
The duties and responsibilities described aboveare the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below arerepresentative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor Degree in an Information Technology related field or equivalent experience.
- CISSP or related certification preferred
- 5-7 years of broad experience in Information Security, performing the setup and administration of web proxies, intrusion detection systems and firewalls
- 3-5 years of network technology experience with devices such as switches (layer 2 and 3), and routers, CISCO in particular
- 3-4 years of Bluecoat SG web proxy platform management and configuration.
- 3 years of Cisco Sourcefire or equivalent Intrusion Detection and Prevention platform management and infrastructure design.
- 3-4 year or hands on network security Infrastructure deployment experience
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols and packet analysis tools
- Intermediate automation and troubleshooting scripting skills a plus.
- AWS Cloud experience a plus
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Strong organizational, oral communication and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be willing to be on call 24x7 on a rotational basis
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion's history. Withinvestments in our people, technology and new business markets, we areredefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring newbusinesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businessesand consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for ourassociates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiencesto promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work withcompetitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casualculture.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help peoplemake better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global informationsolutions, our mission is to help people around the world access theopportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizationsoptimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand andmanage their personal information. Because when people have access to morecomplete and multidimensional information, they can make more informeddecisions and achieve great things.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top