Senior Data Scientist - Insurance
- Chicago, IL
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we're not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
What You'll Bring:
- A graduate degree in a STEM field with advanced coursework in statistics and machine learning
- 4 to 8 years of professional analytical modeling experience, solving problems relevant to the problems we solve at TransUnion
- Expert proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R or SAS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: ability to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences, strong presentation skills with comfort presenting to executive audiences
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to oversee and manage project teams to meet project deliverables inclusive of delegating work, setting clear goals, providing coaching and feedback, and managing customer expectations
- Ability to travel periodically to client sites
We'd Love to See:
- Prior work experience in the Insurance industry is highly preferred
Impact You'll Make:
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience; may lead key presentations to clients
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, and Python)
- Design and lead initiatives involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (such as segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, and machine learning).
- Partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added product propositions for business customers in the US and international insurance segments at TransUnion. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive models and business intelligence solutions for insurance carriers
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a collegial spirit
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the team and act as a mentor to more junior team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Consultant, Data Science and Analytics
Back to top