Senior Consultant, Information Security
TransUnion of Canada: Senior Consultant, Information Security (Burlington, ON)
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You Will Do
The Senior Consultant, Information Security will act as an Information Security subject matter expert providing consultation for the business on projects and new product development. The successful candidate will ensure that Information Security requirements, policies and standards are integrated and innovative solutions are offered in order to enable the business. The subject matter expert will have a secondary focus executing on all aspects of the Application Security strategy for Canada.
- Serve as a senior internal information security consultant to the organization through providing subject matter expertise as it relates to new services, products and projects.
- Educate and communicate security requirements, policies, standards and procedures to business/internal stakeholders as it relates to projects and strategic initiatives.
- Keep up to date on emerging security trends, new methods and attack vectors frequently used to obtain unauthorized access to data in order to proactively reduce the risk of a possible system breach. Monitor advancements in information security technologies.
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance and direction on best practices for the protection of information inclusive of Application Security.
- Strong foundational knowledge of static/dynamic code scanning and integration with the SDLC, including working directly with developers for them to understand findings and remediation steps.
- Work with the Business to close and/or mitigate Information Security risks identified during the reviews of TransUnion services and technology as well as Business requirements to enable the business to move forward.
- Review architectural designs and participate on the Security Architecture Committee
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7 years Information Security Experience
- 2-3 years development experience in Java or .NET
- In-depth technical knowledge of Static Code Scanning tools such as Veracode and Dynamic Code scanning tools such as HP WebInspect
- Detailed technical knowledge of common Application Security Vulnerabilities and flaws including OWASP Top Ten
- Familiar with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Experience with consulting on numerous complex projects and enabling the business to move forward with the appropriate controls in place or with appropriate mitigations in place to reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Information Security related to IT controls and project management
- Info Security designations required
- Attention to detail
- Persistence and the ability to demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Flexibility/adaptability - adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits a passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Work ethic: possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done.
- Listening skills: lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to feedback and ideas: often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or constructive feedback.
- Teamwork: reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top