Senior Consultant, Data Strategy & Solutions
Dynamics of the Role
The Senior Consultant Data Strategy & Solutions role will be responsible for setting and executing against a strategy that will include exploring and acquiring new types of data to add to or complement current solution sets and revenue streams. This role will work with internal and external stakeholders to create strategies that will positively differentiate TransUnion from its competitors through innovative product development focused on big data and analytics solutions using traditional and non-traditional information.
How You'll Contribute:
- As part of the Innovative Solutions Group, you will identify and capture new revenue streams by identifying and driving opportunities for alternative uses and sources of data across in the market
- Adapt and execute on a strategy for identifying alternative data sources and uses; leveraging guidance from COE (Centre of Excellence)
- Act as SME within the region on alternative data sources, uses, best practices and considerations and collaborate with an International COE.
- Find ways to enrich, improve and repurpose current data assets for innovative, revenue expanding uses
- Provide guidance on governance and data quality best practices
- Act as an SME internally and externally on the use of alternative data to improve business processes, expand marketing applications, reduce fraud and more accurately evaluate consumer and commercial credit risk
- Develop business cases for furnishing new data and investing in new products, services and resources.
- Initiate opportunities and steward the process from ideation through to monetization
- Anticipate client critical business issues and identify ways new data sources and uses can help TransUnion address those needs
- Work with product team to understand how current data is used and identify ways to enhance current products with new data
- Work with internal teams to understand regulatory environments to help tailor strategies and Go-To-Market plans accordingly
- Collaborate with other regions to share Intellectual Property from one market to the next
- Manage partnerships with new and existing data partners
- Negotiate contracts / agreements with 3rd parties
- Work with analytics and IT teams to test and integrate new data
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 10 years of strong, diverse experience in the data and analytics space
- Deep understanding of the product / commercial application of non-credit data
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Ability to lead through influence; thrives in "the matrix"
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically
- Experience managing relationships with peers, clients, and partners (primarily from a sales pipeline and partner management perspective)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven thought leadership in the data and analytics space
- Project management experience; solid attention to detail and operational focus
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Experience with strategic planning
You can also visit our LinkedIN career page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/4310/careers?trk=job_view_topcard_company_image
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top