Senior Configuration Management Analyst
- Chennai, India
What We'll Bring:
Functionally reports to the Configuration Management Manager, the Configuration Management Data Analyst will be responsible for implementing, configuring and maintaining all Remedy Helix 19.08+ CMDB (Configuration Management Database) processes, work instructions and activities. This will be done in compliance with the information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) V3 framework. Maintain precise documentation and accurate usage of the CMDB. Assist in defining and registering of configuration items (CIs); the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support IT Service Management (ITSM) processes on prem and within cloud providers. They will perform work that ensures the accuracy and completeness of the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and extends to the Configuration Management System (CMS). The Configuration Analyst will work with cross-functional stakeholders (business, application, process teams) to understand their needs, explore the availability of the data within the various data sources, perform analysis and appropriately map them to corresponding data attributes within the ITSM Atrium CMDB. As part of the data integration between the source systems and CMDB, facilitate the data transformation, data cleanup before the data gets into golden dataset in CMDB. Maintain precise documentation and accurate usage of the CMDB data. Assist in defining and registering of configuration items (CIs); the appropriate level of attributes, and relationships required to support IT Service Management (ITSM) processes and the governance of data in the CMDB. This role will also partner with Information Security to make sure that additional vulnerabilities aren't introduced due to the various integrations into the CMDB.
What You'll Bring:
- Implement system audit practices and conduct audits to ensure data integrity of assets on-prem and within our cloud providers
- Reconcile the CMDB data when exceptions are noted between CMDB, discovery information, and other authoritative production data repositories.
- Support design, development, and implementation of automated processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining CMDB data.
- Ability to develop SQL queries and BMC Smart Reporting reports, metrics and dashboards for management on KPIs to improve the process effectiveness, efficiency, and data accuracy.
- Integrates/supports the Remedy Helix 19.08+ ITSM System Administration Team.
- Works closely with customers, Systems Engineering and Service Delivery Teams to establish business requirements for the CMDB.
- Help mature robust configuration management procedures and standards for using CMDB.
- Ensure ITSM and CMDB alignment with ITIL v3 framework.
- Act as a key stakeholder supporting key CMDB tasks.
- Communicate CMDB activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards.
- Liaise and train internal partners whenever necessary.
Impact You'll Make:
- Requires a minimum of 2- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience within CMDB and Configuration Management of assets on-prem and within cloud providers
- At least 2 years of experience as a CMDB analyst, having experience in CMDB creation, maturity, and maintenance using the Remedy Helix 19.08+ platform (live operational experience a must)
- ITIL v3 Foundation Level Certification (or better)
- At least three years' experience managing CMDB and IT Asset Management projects and programs within the ITIL framework
- Experience in both hardware and software asset and configuration management as well as knowledge of IT service management processes.
- Experience with BMC Atrium, BMC AR System, and BMC Remedy Helix 19.08+ or a similar industry solution.
- Familiar with any of the following: discovery products including Microsoft SCCM, BMC Software Asset Management; reconciliation of discovery data in BMC CMDB environment; and integration of discovery solutions with CMDB or a similar industry solution
- Knowledge of Asset Management a plus.
- Experience in asset and configuration item identification, baseline definition, relationship mapping, and CMDB administration.
- Knowledge of Remedy Helix 19.08+ Smart Reporting, MS SQL, query-writing, reporting tools (ie: Crystal Reports, or a similar industry solution) relational databases.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills.
TransUnion Job Title
Sr Analyst, Corporate Systems
Back to top