Senior C Developer
Dynamics of the Role
The Senior Consultant role requires a candidate to have strong technical knowledge, teamwork and communication skills in order to work with internal and external customers to support various technical projects and initiatives independently within the model development team. Attention to detail is a must as our projects must be delivered with high quality. The ability to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables on time is also a key component for success in this role. The role will also interface with multiple internal teams and work as a project lead in a cross-functional team.
How You'll Contribute:
- Analysis: Analyze/create business requirements and translate into low level design and/or custom program.
- Coding: Develop model solutions in mixture of languages (primarily C or C ) to run in Transunion batch and online environment meeting while meeting customer deadlines. Learns internal systems and uses available tools to support code development. Understands the process behind code walkthroughs and challenges peers when necessary.
- Testing: Performs unit testing on developed code and volume testing. Executes functional test cases received from Quality Assurance team. Understands and can perform Quality Assurance tasks as needed. Creates necessary materials for turnover to Quality Assurance team. Assist with the analysis of test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical and customer requirements.
- Code Deployments: Performs model code verification and deployments into target production applications while communicating status to internal stakeholders.
- Technical Support: Performs ad-hoc research and model debugging with assistance of senior team members and/or leadership to identify issues and provide solutions
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers and management. Develops and maintains program and user documentation. Collaborates within own team and cross functionally on model program solutions.
- Innovation: Identifies and implements quality and process improvements. Be able to take on challenges to implement new ideas
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You'll Bring:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science (or a related field) and 7 years of working experience in programming development
- Working experience and advanced knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages: C/C , Python, R, Java, Ab Initio programming language
- Experience in C# would be an added advantage.
- Working experience of SQL
- Working experience of Unix command/shell script
- Good understanding of business requirements and how to translate them into a program
- Unit testing experience
- Must have a good understanding of the SDLC and implementation
- Requires good skills in research and analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-tasking and managing competing priorities while meeting assigned deadlines.
- Enjoys working in a team setting and fostering collaboration
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top