Senior BI Manager
This role is for a Senior Manager of BI Engineering, who will lead the BI engineering practice of TransUnion's Analytics domain. The teams you lead will be responsible for building new features and optimizing strategic Analytics platforms across TransUnion. Our multi-Petabyte platforms support a diverse community of internal and customer-based data scientists, statisticians, modelers, product developers and data strategists.
As a leader, you will have both the accountability and freedom to grow and evolve the teams that are taking TransUnion to the next level. Success in this role requires a blend of skills in the following:
- Technology Leadership
- Agile Development & Agile Team Management
- Enterprise Information Management
- BI Systems Architecture
- Dashboard & Reporting Design
How You'll Contribute
- Manage multiple Agile teams that will be building front-end data applications, dashboards, and reports that support the Analytics platforms of TransUnion
- Oversee the deployment and Implementation of leading-edge analytics environments including software, end-user tools and other data services
- Collaborate within and across teams on resource and delivery planning
- Train, coach and grow the maturity of teams and associates
What You'll Bring
- 10 or more years of hands-on experience in software development and technical leadership
- Proficiency in Agile software development and Delivery
- Proficiency in SQL, relational and non-relational databases, query optimization, and data modeling, and report/dashboard design
- Experience with self-service BI platforms (Tableau preferred)
- Experience is traditional BI platforms (OBIEE/OBIA preferred)
- Experience with Big Data SQL tools, such as Hive, SparkSQL, and Drill
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top