Senior Avaya Voice Engineer
Sr Avaya Voice Engineer Description
At Transunion, we know that finding the right people is the reason we’re a global leader in credit information and information management services. We strive to provide an environment that allows our talented people to find success and satisfaction. Now, we’re adding to the team and seeking a Senior Voice Engineer.
What we need:
Transunion works with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze, and deliver critical information needed to build strong economies around the world. We help >45,000 businesses manage risk, and 500 million consumers understand and manage credit.
To do this, we rely on a network infrastructure that’s critical to the business. As our Senior Voice Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of Transunion’s Global Network. You will provide technical thought leadership for voice and data networks, define, maintain, communicate, and implement standards consistent with established architecture and strategy.
Who you’ll work with:
In this critical role, you will collaborate with senior leadership to develop IT strategy that aligns to business strategy. You’ll be responsible for working with different business units to develop the engineering design that supports the business and operational requirements for new and existing systems.
As part of playing a leading role in strategy, design and support, you will also mentor junior level engineers as well as provide second level support for complex issues, problems or projects. While working closely with the Voice Architect to identify and roadmap business and infrastructure changes that are needed to help IT meet the business’s needs.
As part of the daily support your will work with our onsite managed support organization and provide level 3 support.
What we expect:
As Senior Voice Engineer, you’ll need to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with occasional conflicting priorities. You must have the drive and skills to make the best decisions that align with the business and the company’s objectives.
Key responsibilities span 4 areas:
- Creates engineering design to meet the business and operational objectives for business continuity solutions.
- Defines standard engineering designs, templates, processes, and procedures for implementing projects that follow existing Transunion architectures for large complex projects.
- Defines new engineering designs, templates, processes and procedures for implementing projects that require new architecture patterns.
- Proactively utilizes knowledge of the business unit and objectives to maximize the efficiency of the design.
Assessment and Strategy
- Provides subject matter expertise to maintain the appropriate lifecycle for the technologies in scope, including technology risk, refresh, migration and retirement.
- Analyzes system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources.
- Monitors resource usage, making required adjustments.
- Responsible for accurately estimating and planning activities within the domain to provide the necessary input into the project managers for developing an end to end plan.
- Establishes and maintains strong collaborative relationships with internal and external strategic partners as well as critical IT infrastructure service providers. With administrative direction, leads the evaluation and selection of tools.
- Evaluates tools and makes cost-conscience tool recommendations.
- Identifies key areas for improvement to align to strategic objectives.
- Analyzes industry best practices and previous project executions
- Make recommendations in regards to architecture and infrastructure planning to leadership to refine and enhance current methodology.
- Primary owner of the VOIP infrastructure.
- Participate in and/or lead projects of medium to high complexity.
- Leads on-call production support activities, using the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise.
- Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages.
- Oversees or performs the installation and testing of upgrades working with the systems and applications teams.
- Conducts updates of management information systems, including asset management, time tracking and other systems.
- Available to be on call 24/7 on a team rotating schedule once assimilated into the team.
- Mentors junior team members on current standards and best practices
- Provides quality assurance for engineering designs of junior team members
- Assists in training and coaching others
- Sets up training classes and may function as a tool administrator, working with the vendor, internally coordinating product upgrades and fixes.
- Responsible for developing the organization by mentoring junior engineers and developing “how to” guides.
What we have
- TransUnion has the latest Avaya technologies including
- Basic Call Control
o Aura Communications Manager 6.3
o Aura System and Session Manger 6.3
o Aura Modular Messaging
o G450 Gateways with PRI and Analog connectivity
- Call Center Services
o Aura Call Center Services, Aura Elite and CMS supporting 325 agents across multiple sites
o Avaya WorkForce Optimization 12.0 (Verint 8.7)
o Verint Call and Screen Recording
o Verint Archiving
- Advanced Collaboration Services
o Aura Conferencing 7.2(Audio and Video)
o Ayava Session Border Controllers
o Avaya Flare Experience
Where we are going
- TransUnion is implementing latest technologies including
o Advanced Call Control and Routing
Domestic and Global SIP Connectivity
o Multi-Channel Customer Experience
o Real-time Visualization and Historical Reporting
o Mobile Application Communications
What you’ll bring
As a Senior Voice Engineer, you should have 9 year’s progressive data communications experience, and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field or similar discipline. In addition, you should have expertise and experience in technical and professional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- 5-7 years of experience of design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large, complex IP-based networks
- 5 – 7 years of hands on experience with VOIP systems design, implementations, support, monitoring, and security. Experience in Avaya Voice Systems preferred.
- Advanced technical knowledge of VoIP/IP telephony systems, software, and hardware. Strong hands-on knowledge of the configuration and optimization of VoIP equipment.
- Must have a detailed understanding of voice transmission mechanisms including TCP/IP, Sonet, DS-3, ISDN and T1.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex problem isolation with Telecommunications Infrastructure such as PRI/T1’s, SIP trunks, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex problem isolation with LAN/WAN environments.
- Must have a detailed understanding of industry standard VOIP technologies including SIP, H.323, G.711, G.729, TCP/IP, DHCP, SNMP, TFTP, IEEE 802.3 family, QoS, and CoS.
- Proven knowledge and practical application of voice network security, vulnerability management, security monitoring and detection of in appropriate voice network usage.
- Understanding of unified communications including presence, unified messaging, web-conferencing, and Video Conferencing preferred.
- CCNA or CCNP
- Avaya ACS, ACIS
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; able to communicate effectively with associates at all levels.
- Ability to effectively summarize and clearly communicate infrastructure hardware/software problems involving multiple support team(s).
- Ability to manage concurrent projects to plan.
- Organized, able to lead, follow through and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to change; able to work productively in a team setting.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively as well as function with no supervision, under tight deadlines, and demonstrate initiative in problem solving
- Demonstrate ability to execute and perform timely follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate competency in the use of project management tools and methodologies.
- Ability to instill quality in every aspect of the job function.
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information.
Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find new ways information can be used for good. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top