Senior Architect -- Canada
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
Dynamics of the Role
We are looking for a Senior Architect to join our Canada Technology Solutions team. The Senior Architect will drive the architecture, design and development of complex solutions including applications and infrastructure. In this role, the Senior Architect will have a focus on being able to see the big picture across existing and emerging systems with an eye to improving the efficiency of business and IT operations. This role will also function as part of a growing community of global technologists.
Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
How you'll contribute:
- Work with the global architecture community in order to apply TU best practices and frameworks to Canada IT problems.
- Proactively drive how technology can deliver new business innovation and product development
- Maintain a strong knowledge of existing and emerging technologies at all layers of the solution
- Assist project teams and partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze requirements to architect and enable delivery of solutions to complex issues
- Participate in development and oversee maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications
- Train, coach and support the broader Ab Initio product suite across the organization
- Plan, design, and drive delivery for technologies that reduce costs or improve capabilities within the organization. Collaborate with cross-functional technology teams
- Ensure Transunion design patterns, frameworks, and architectural standards are implemented consistently across the organization
- Expert knowledge that spans software architecture, hardware architecture, operations architecture and integrated testing
- Define the system, technical, application and, sometimes, business architecture for major development areas
- Translate complex technical concepts and issues into terms that business partners and customers understand
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred with 10 years of experience in defining, architecting and building software-based IT solutions
- Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, Continuous Flows, Control Center is a plus.
- Experience directing or influencing the underlying infrastructure stack supporting both batch and transactional systems
- Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation. Comfortable interacting with senior management and business partners across different teams.
- Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data Technology. Experience with Ab Initio, or similar, is a plus.
- Experience in Java or Java based solutions
- Fluency in SQL and database concepts
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix and open source tools and platforms
- Experience working in an agile project development lifecycle
- Strong in-depth knowledge of databases and database concepts.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of advance Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.) is a plus.
- CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Diverse architectural experience including batch, transactional, OLAP/BI/reporting/data mining, microservices, SOA-based and web based systems.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top