Senior Analyst, Compliance
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
What You Will do
The successful candidate will be responsible for our Issue Management program, crisis management plans and BCP tasks and other compliance tasks in order to support the Canadian business unit.
As part of this role, the candidate will be responsible for the management, governance structure and reporting as it relates to the company's Issue Management program.
The incumbent to this position will also assist business units to create and implement processes and procedures to ensure TransUnion's compliance with applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations, contractual obligations as well as audit the compliance of internal and external stakeholders. He or she will project manage the implementation process on compliance related projects which may include testing to ensure solution work as intended and addresses compliance issues that affect TU's business units.
This individual will be responsible for the maintenance of TransUnion Canada's Business Continuity Program. This will involve the administration of Business Continuity software as well as TransUnion Canada's Emergency Preparedness Plans.
This role will have a priority focus on:
- Issue Management
- Compliance management
- Business Continuity
A breakdown of this positions duties and responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Development and governance of Issue Management program
- Develop reports and communication protocols pertaining to the Issue Management program
- Perform risk assessments
- Perform internal audits against Compliance Department policies and procedures and keep management informed of deviations.
- Assist/consult with business units in defining, creating, documenting and implementing compliance processes and procedures in their operational areas and ensuring compliance.
- Create and/or update existing Compliance Department policies and procedures.
- Gather data, analyze issues and make recommendations to ensure business unit compliance with existing policies and procedures. May also recommend and monitor the implementation of solutions for compliance issues encompassing various functional areas to ensure adherence to internal policies, federal and provincial regulations and to minimize legal exposure and liability.
- To assist and participate as a stakeholder and consultant in projects/initiatives where compliance expertise is required.
- Perform risk assessments on business units to ensure compliance with TransUnion policies, contractual and legislative obligations
- Administration of TransUnion Canada's Business Units Recovery plans
- Administration and preparation of Emergency Preparedness Procedures
- Complete annual testing of Canada's Business Continuity Program
- Be available during BCP incidents should the need arise
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- This position requires a College diploma or University degree in a business, legal studies or a related field (or equivalent combination of work and educational experience).
- At least 5 years of professional work experience functioning in a compliance or risk related function, with a focus on incident and crisis management, compliance risk, audits and risk assessments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, decision-making, and organizational skills.
- Incumbents should also possess above average presentation, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and determine when to escalate issues. The incumbent must be able to work effectively with associates at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work on projects independently and within project groups.
- Pre-existing knowledge of regulated environment, with an emphasis on consumer issues and privacy statutes.
- CCEP (Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional) certification would be an asset
- Business Continuity (BCLE 2000 ABCP) certification would be an asset
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset
- Some travel may be required.
- Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top