Senior AbInitio Application Support Consultant
AbInitio Sr Application Support Consultant – Level 2
Dynamics of the Role
We are looking for a candidate to join our Online AbInitio team that is highly visible and plays a critical role in Online Fulfillment space. Candidate should be a self-starter, problem solver skilled at researching simple to complex problems. Have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and help create and influence roadmaps for upgrades, enhancements, process improvements and replacements. They will be involved in building tools and solutions to resolve existing problems and meet business needs.
The Team's Focus
The right candidate will work on a team of software specialists focused on our online environments. The team uses procedures, scripts, database queries, and other tools to resolve application issues in a variety of open system infrastructures. We also work very closely with our business partners communicating information about system health, outages or status of support requests. Our team offers the opportunity to continually grow and learn new technologies by working with the development teams on strategic projects. This allows us to keep our skills fresh and support each new technology. The team will also maintain and create new support tools that can help automate process and provide additional monitoring, alerting and reporting for the production systems.
The role also includes operational readiness activities as it relates to new development including but not limited to reviewing the build deliverables to ensure supportability, availability and the appropriate performance is achieved. This knowledge will be shared across multiple teams through overview sessions so all are able to support at the appropriate level. Also as part of operational readiness they ensure the changes adhere to all policy and controls that are in place throughout our production systems.
How you will contribute:
- Maximize system availability
- Work directly with the development and business teams to keep the communication flowing
- Identify issues and coordinate with the correct groups to help resolve problems
- Assist users with application questions and issues
- Create tools and automation to help support and monitor applications
- Capture metrics regarding performance and capacity, stability, and value that drive decisions
- Drive innovations on their team always looking for performance improvement
- Providing recommendations for the best user experiences and product enhancements
- Researching, troubleshooting, diagnosing and recommending solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems
- Use trouble shooting skills to solve software or application issues
What you will bring:
- Must be energized, empowered and able to drive resolution to issues and tasks without requiring greater levels of guidance to accomplish the tasks
- Have an architectural level knowledge of application infrastructures with the ability to drive changes or improvements that lead to a more supportable and sustainable solution
- Have experience in managing and supporting highly scalable distributed systems
- Have strong analytical problem solving skills for root causes analysis and innovative solutions
- Ability to automate through scripting and configuration management, have a deep understanding of scripting languages like Bash, Shell or Perl
- Data warehouse skill set including the ability to follow a data base model and craft SQL queries for data analysis
- Are an effective organizer and solve technical problems at various levels of difficulty and document the process and resolution
- Can work independently, as a member of a collaborative team and/or within a leadership role
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Monitoring of application performance and environmental uptime
- Enjoy helping others and share a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Enjoy building tools to support the infrastructure and Cost Optimization
- Are interested in sharing and teaching others about your ideas
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Are able to synthesize and analyze new concepts quickly
- Hands on experience with container based deployments (Build Forge experience preferred) along with configuration management tools
- Successful past in building relationships with leaders and peers as well as business partners and vendors
- Strong background on broad range of technologies (Linux, Ab Initio, Oracle DB, Splunk, Zenoss, Service Now, etc.,)
- Working knowledge on Java systems would be a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A degree in computer science or related degree path and a minimum of 7 years' experience in an application development and systems support role
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top