Senior Ab Initio Developer
How You'll Contribute:
- Partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues.
- Participate in development and oversee maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality and performance of applications.
- Train, coach and support the broader Ab Initio product suite across the organization
- Proficient interpersonal skills to be able to interface effectively with a broad range of contacts; from technical staff to management
What You'll Bring:
- 3-5 years of hands on experience developing and designing strong Ab Initio based solutions.
- Demonstrated understanding of how Ab Initio applications and systems interact with the underlying hardware ecosystem
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of several advanced Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging
- Experience working in an agile project development lifecycle
- Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation.
- Designs, develops and tests application ETL code
- Proficiency with Linux, SQL, including strong shell scripting skills.
- Experience with the broader Ab Initio tool suite such as Express>It, ACE, Control Center, BRE and Metadata Hub a plus.
- Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems.
- Participate or leads in design and code reviews and ensure application of best practices and standards.
- Follow all software development lifecycle processes and standards.
- Follow change and incident management processes.
- Develops documentation and supports departmental technical procedures and user guides policies.
- As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top