Security Delivery and Program Manager
- Chicago, IL
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of Delivery and Program Management experience, with at least 2 years running enterprise Information Security programs.
- Demonstrated experience:
- Delivering enterprise scale programs in highly matrixed, complex environments, with multiple stakeholders; global delivery experience preferred.
- Leading transformational efforts that materially change previous paradigm or stand up a new capability, requiring broad buy-in and customer adoption strategy.
- Delivering programs in regulated environments (e.g., PCI, GDPR)
- Successfully navigating in companies that are undergoing large-scale transformations, resulting in mixed operating models (waterfall, SAFe), organizational realignment, strategy evolution, etc.
- Structuring value/objective definitions utilizing OKR framework and establishing a metrics based governance structure.
- Natural curiosity and a learner's mindset, including striving to understand the technology being delivered at a functional technical level.
- Strong customer focus and enabling mindset; persistent yet and empathetic approach, driving innovation and transformative efforts while bringing stakeholders and customers along.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong organizational, oral communication and project management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working with, and presenting to, executive level management
Impact You'll Make:
TransUnion is undertaking an enterprise technology delivery transformation, including large-scale technology uplift, cloud migration, and move to embracing DevOps/Agile delivery across the company, globally. Information Security will play a crucial role in enabling and securing TransUnion's journey, while continuing its forward leaning, transformative efforts that are already in flight.
We are looking for a talented, senior level Security Delivery and Program Manager to further refine, formalize, and deliver the broad array of Security Engineering work required to enable TransUnion's cloud journey and other enterprise scale, global programs initiated and/or directly driven by Information Security. Security Engineering is also undergoing a full transformation that has been in-flight for a period of time and shown significant progress; candidate for this role will structure program delivery to align with our new operating model rooted in Product Management, Agile, and DevOps principles, working iteratively to bring features to production.
- Own Delivery and Program Management elements of Security Engineering's body of work, including efforts required to enable TU's cloud transformation and other global programs that are either initiated/influenced or directly implemented by InfoSec.
- Work closely with Security Engineering and InfoSec executive leadership to refine strategy that results in a robust delivery program.
- Further organize and drive definition of holistic body of Security work required to enable migration to public cloud.
- Mature and formalize metric based governance and tracking structure for program delivery, including maturing Objective and Key Results (OKRs).
- Provide executive level visibility and tracking of Security Engineering's delivery efforts.
- Work closely with Scrum Masters to facilitate delivery of individual tracks of work.
- Act as representative of InfoSec executive leadership in meetings as required
- Anticipate and identify any program blockers, and quickly formulate appropriate and thoughtful options to present to executive leadership.
- Engage in coaching and mentorship with junior program managers and scrum masters.
- Establish and nurture relationships across the company, at all levels, to enable program delivery in a highly matrixed, global environment.
- Ensure excellence in quality of delivery by staying closely connected with key customers and stakeholders, proactively soliciting feedback, and adjusting as necessary.
- Create sustainable programs by ensuring that operationalizing phase of program is fully included as part of delivery scope, including rigorous documentation, onboarding processes, establishment of sustainable operating processes, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Advisor, Information Security
Back to top