Scrum Master - Infrastructure
What we'll bring:
• A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Dynamics of the role:
• TransUnion has an immediate need for a Scrum Master/ Agile Project Manager to join their team in Chennai, India, traveling the globe working with the Decision Services global business unit. The team will deliver the highest-quality automated, sustainable environments. They will audit existing deployments against our standard; develop and execute remediation plans. They will implement new deployments on TU premises, at a managed service provider or in the cloud. This position will be a permanent, full-time role.
What you'll bring:
• Understand the general principles of Agile as outlined in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be fully aligned to those principles
• Uphold the framework and integrity of scrum practices and apply them to infrastructure teams
• Mentor and coach the teams on Agile methodology and Scrum values and process
• Facilitate PI (Program Increment) and sprint planning processes, as well as all other scrum ceremonies, and empower team commitment to PI and sprint delivery
• Participate in longer term roadmap planning
• Manage monthly capitalization processes and change management processes
• Monitor and track PI milestones, and facilitate mitigation of issues and risks
• Collaborate with the team to identify and resolve problems and remove impediments/barriers for the team; escalate to the RTE as needed
• Ensure that release deliverables are submitted and that quality standards defined by the team are consistently met (per acceptance criteria and definition of done)
• Prepare and present bi-weekly PI Performance Reviews
• Monitor the effectiveness of scrum team processes and performance, and collaborate with the team on changes and improvements
• Displays sound business acumen
• Ability to oversee international team
We'd love to see:
• A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
• A minimum of four years' experience working with and coaching scrum teams including infrastructure teams.
• A minimum of four years of relevant Information Technology experience
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies and Agile at Enterprise Scale
• Certification(s) in Agile methodologies (PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, SA, SASM or equivalent) preferred
• Strong facilitation and collaboration skills
• Strong understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile Central
Impact you'll make:
• In the first 90 days:
o Assemble and train a team capable of turn-key service delivery. To include infrastructure (At TU, at a managed service provider or in the cloud) and application.
o Able to effectively assess operational inefficiencies and create remediation plans
o Deliver your first assignment: either audit and remediate to standard or new deployment.
• Beyond 90 days:
o Develop team and drive process improvements
o Plan a cadence of global delivery.
o Turn over the first deployment (or remediation) to support
o Insure consistent monitoring and alerting of the full business service.
o Maintain a cadence of remediation and implementation
• This role is an important part of the Decision Service which is a critical entryway for sticky revenue. You will play an integral part in the delivery of timely high-quality services to our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top