The Team's Focus
The Application Development and Design team supports TransUnion's business and consumer systems by improving the efficiency of business operations, applications and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
We offer a broad array of products customized to each aspect of our clients' business: credit risk management, marketing segmentation, fraud and ID management, collections and credit decisioning. We pride ourselves on our ability to bring innovative ideas and solutions to market, leveraging our extensive experience in credit data and analytics. Our team represents a dynamic blend of financial services industry experience and credit expertise.
Dynamics of the Role
The Senior Technical Project is an integral member to the TransUnion's Application Development and Design team. The Project Manager is responsible for leading cross-functional teams to define, scope, plan, execute and deliver exceptional business value on time and within budget. The projects will range in size from large to small across a wide range of technology platforms, including but not limited to: .NET and Ab Initio. This is a very visible and hands-on project management role where we would expect the ideal candidate to get to understand the domain, be the spokesperson for the capabilities we are building across a variety of audiences, as well as coordinate the project activities. The project manager will be the single point of contact for all project activities, schedule and status to upper management.
How you'll contribute
- You will work with the established scrum team and facilitate the scrum ceremonies, work with the product owner to define user stories , work with various internal teams to remove the impediments, drive the timely completion of the sprints in addition to updating the stakeholders with progress.
- You will work in technical project manager capability to understand the TU proprietary products and propose creative solutions where applicable
- You will work with Domestic & International teams to implement the Agile methodology and ensure that the defined Agile process is being adhered to.
What you'll Bring
- 10 years IT experience
- 5 years PM experience including these types of projects: Hands on experience in Agile Central and TFS, Custom software development, SDLC – entire lifecycle, Agile/Scrum
- Strong understanding of project and status – doesn't just report the news
- Understands sizing, budgeting, project costing
- Accountability for delivery/outcome; while there are some administrative tasks, PM must see the role as much bigger
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and planning skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is change oriented, growth-oriented and where sometimes requests are sometimes ambiguous requiring the PM to fully understand and articulate the problem and propose possible solutions
- Financial Services or Data Analytics services industry experience
- PM experience with these types of projects: Big data, Exposure to .NET, Microsoft technologies, TFS
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top