Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion has an immediate need for a Scrum Master to join their team in Chicago Illinois working with the Online Web Applications scrum team. This role supports a wide array of business verticals. The position will be a permanent, full-time role.
How You'll Contribute
- Understand the general principles of Agile as outlined in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be fully aligned to those principles
- Uphold the framework and integrity of scrum practices
- Mentor and coach the teams on Agile methodology and Scrum values and process
- Facilitate PI (Program Increment) and sprint planning processes, as well as all other scrum ceremonies, and empower team commitment to PI and sprint delivery
- Participate in longer term roadmap planning
- Manage monthly capitalization processes and change management processes
- Monitor and track PI milestones, and facilitate mitigation of issues and risks
- Collaborate with the team to identify and resolve problems and remove impediments/barriers for the team; escalate to the RTE as needed
- Ensure that release deliverables are submitted and that quality standards defined by the team are consistently met (per acceptance criteria and definition of done)
- Prepare and present bi-weekly PI Performance Reviews
- Monitor the effectiveness of scrum team processes and performance, and collaborate with the team on changes and improvements
What You'll Bring
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
- A minimum of four years' experience working with and coaching scrum teams
- A minimum of four years of relevant Information Technology experience; Healthcare IT is a plus
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Certification(s) in Agile methodologies (PMI-ACP, CSM, CSP, SA, SASM or equivalent) preferred
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile Central, or other Agile tools
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top