Sales Manager- SmartMove
Dynamics of the Role
The Sales Manager's primary objective is to increase the sales and market share of our patented consumer push products and services such as SmartMove, maximize penetration into targeted markets, and foster partnerships with customers to develop loyal customer advocates.
The Sales Manager will do this by directly managing the daily activities and development of a geographic and telephonic sales team. The Sales Manager plays a key role in coaching and team performance. In addition, the Sales Manager is responsible for partnering with and assisting the Vice President with strategic initiatives focused on customer value and revenue growth. You will be heavily involved in managing new sales development, implementation of sold solutions, and account management to ensure we're continuously creating value across our customer base and our sales associates are seen as trusted advisors in the industry. This position reports into the Sales Vice President of TransUnion's Rental Screening business unit.
The Team's Focus
Through the patented SmartMove product, TransUnion has pioneered data driven tenant screening by independent landlords – an audience that otherwise doesn't have access to FCRA-regulated consumer reports. This concept of a "data push" (vs. a data pull) enables compliant, secure and online screening to new audiences. The Sales team is focused on acquiring partner relationships that are interested in referring online traffic to the data push platform via APIs or to a TU-owned web experience.
How You'll Contribute:
- Create, communicate, and execute a vision and tactical plan for the sales team, establishing direction and providing context for sales activities. Analyze territory plans and delegation of sales tasks to ensure maximum productivity and profitability
- Participate in the development of sales strategies for specific accounts and industries, helping to identify target accounts and opportunities within the framework of the defined sales strategy
- Continuously reassess the market and identify new customer segments and opportunities to promote value-based selling
- Meet or exceed profit plan by increasing revenue and controlling expenses
- Recognize and develop individual abilities and efforts simultaneously promoting a collaborative and cooperative team atmosphere
- Ensure return on investment by recruiting the best and brightest talent, utilizing the most current tools, setting performance standards through coaching/instruction and constructive feedback, and recognizing and capitalizing on performers with the greatest potential for success
- Resolve customer issues and monitor services provided to ensure that the company standard of reliable, high quality customer service is met
What You'll Bring:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college
- Minimum of 5 years in a management capacity
- Strong background in sales in a with 8 or more years' in-depth experience required; experience in heavily regulated industries preferred
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven establishment and maintenance of customer relationships
- Effective communication skills, oral and written, at all levels of internal and external C-Level executives
- Strategic-mind set and ability to take in information from multiple sources and circumstances and formulate an overall solution or decision to resolve problems and/or offer direction to staff
- Sound working knowledge of software applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce.com
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top