Dynamics of the Role
The Sales Manager’s primary objective is to increase the amount of revenue and market share of all TransUnion products and services with high potential customers, maximize penetration into markets held by the competition, and foster partnerships with customers to develop a need for TransUnion products through direct management of the daily activities and development of a sales team, each assigned a specific geographic area or assigned account portfolio. The Sales Manager will coach, develop and manage a team of Client Services sales associates, actively participating and providing assistance during the entire sales life cycle. The Sales Manager will also track sales performance relative to sales targets and manage daily administrative functions such as hiring, scheduling, leads management, and performance evaluation.
How you’ll contribute:
- Communicates and executes the defined vision for the sales team, establishing direction and providing context for sales activities. Analyzes territory plans and delegation of sales tasks to ensure maximum productivity and profitability. As Sales Manager, you will assist sales associates in developing sales strategies for specific accounts, helping to identify target accounts and opportunities within the framework of the defined strategy. When appropriate, you will coordinate with field based sales associates on shared accounts.
- Analyzes sales records and trends in relation to objectives and competitive activities. Takes or recommends necessary corrective action to management. Prepare sales forecasts, budgets, quotas and other projections as required using InTouch (CRM system) on a regular basis to monitor sales activities, pipeline, and opportunity management for the vertical field sales force.
- Supports activities throughout the sales cycle – Assists the sales associate in maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing deals. Implements sales plans for specific key accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities, and account management skills are critical. Skillfully intervenes in contentious customer interactions to satisfy the customer and reinforce the sales associate’s account relationship. Translates corporate directives to sales team. Ensures the flow of information throughout the organization is timely and accurate. Works closely with other parts of the organization to ensure team success. Provides market expertise, which requires in-depth market analysis, including segmentation, purchasing behaviors, competition, and trends.
- Knowledge of Customer – Has a thorough understanding of customers’ past and present operations, markets, business objectives, company culture, polices and decision-making process. Is able to leverage understanding of the bigger picture to guide associates in developing strategic plans for all customers. Actively participates in customer calls as needed to assist the associate in developing strategic plan, negotiate and or close sale.
- Knowledge of Organization, Company Products & Services – Possesses in-depth knowledge of TransUnion core products and services. Builds and leverages relationships with other departments; knows prices, rate structures, billing procedures, company policies and objectives and how they relate to customers. Has a thorough understanding of competitor’s products and services and works with sales team to distinguish us from the competition with new marketing opportunities.
- Industry Knowledge – Applies advanced knowledge of credit reporting, customer industries, legal and compliance requirements. Must be aware of legislation and regulation impacting the collections industry. Must ensure that sales associates are up-to-date on collections issues, conflict of interests, policies, SOPs related to the FCRA, membership and legal standards.
- Technical Knowledge – Applies technical knowledge when consulting with customers and/or sales team. Explains technical products and concepts as needed or identifies the opportunities to bring in technical experts.
- Recognizes and develops individual abilities and efforts while at the same time promoting a collaborative and cooperative team atmosphere. Ensures return on investment by recruiting the best talent, setting performance standards through coaching/instruction and constructive feedback, recognizing and capitalizing on performers with the greatest potential for success. Applies appropriate motivators to particular team members and situations to encourage the team and evoke enthusiasm. Resolves associate issues to ensure equality and compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Stays abreast of day to day problems of sales representatives as indicated by call reports and personal discussions, and follow up to assure solutions are achieved. Host team meetings and role-playing exercises to identify improved selling techniques.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in training and experience. Requires a strong background in sales in a credit reporting or related industry, typically with 3 or more years’ in-depth experience. Excellent communication and negotiation skills and proven establishment and maintenance of customer relationships are essential.
- The individual must display business maturity, leadership skills, reasoning skills (analytic ability), and strong communication skills. Independence, initiative, and business acumen are necessary for the success of the candidate.
- Must be strategic-minded, able to take in information from multiple sources and circumstances and formulate an overall solution or decision to resolve problems and/or offer direction to staff.
- Must be able to effectively resolve conflict by focusing on the outcome for the company over personal interests.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience in establishing team strategy, goals and individual accountabilities. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to be able to break down and articulate complex issues. Ability to persuasively communicate ideas to colleagues and customers in face-to-face scenarios demonstrating real-time insight, flexibility and sound judgment. Ability to develop and manage customer and internal TransUnion relationships
What We Offer
We aim high, and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top