TransUnion of Canada: Resource Coordinator
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What you will do
Working in this newly created role within the Enterprise Project Management Office of Transunion's Information Technology Division, the Resource Coordinator provides a centralized service for all departments. The role ensures projects are properly supported and staffed for successful and seamless execution. The Resource Coordinator takes ownership of the organization's resource schedule, and works closely with internal teams, the department heads and, the Director, ePMO. The position identifies resource conflicts, prioritizes and makes resource schedule adjustments and books resources as required, negotiating timelines and start dates. This role calls for a clear understanding of work intake, prioritization and estimation processes inclusive of project workflow with the ability to anticipate required short and long-term resources for upcoming projects. An understanding of soft and hard booking, and the ability to change resource strategies when priorities shift. The Resource Coordinator is highly detail-oriented and has excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- Communication and Reporting: Maintains a direct line of sight to upcoming projects and can forecast required resources for completion of projects and reports changes to management. Proactively communicates with project team leads to determine resource requirements. Anticipates trouble spots and helps to correct, as required.
- Critical Thinking and Analysis: Analyze the production schedule and adjusts to accommodate requirements in collaboration with development and QC leadership. Escalates conflicting priorities to IT Leadership through weekly reporting practice.
- Skills Inventory Maintenance: In collaboration with HR, maintains a directory of associates and their related skills to facilitate the identification and allocation of the correct resource to required work.
- Collaboration: Works with project managers and IT delivery managers to build an annual resource plan to report out and communicate organizational capacity.
- Administrative tasks: Responsible for administrative task related to scheduling, soft and hard booking of resources, conducting and chairing weekly resourcing meeting while participating in meetings to assess project resource requirements.
- Multitasking: Simultaneously works on resourcing for numerous projects, looking for opportunities and synergies between department resources to free up resources when possible.
What you will bring
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a resource or scheduling capacity.
- A College or University degree in Computer Science, Math or a related field.
- 3+ years in project management/coordination; PMP or working towards PMP designation considered an asset.
- Must have excellent written and oral reporting skills; demonstrated organizational skills; project or delivery leadership experience; ability to work under deadline pressure; diplomacy; analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong negotiating, influencing and facilitation skills; change management experience is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) throughout the organization as well as with external customers.
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders to troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Experience in SDLC workflow.
- Familiarity with project management life cycle.
- Expert level skill set with resource methods as well as planning software.
- Analytical mind with an ability to quickly dissect information.
- Experience in documentation of processes and recommending/implementing new processes.
- A desire to understand the root cause of a challenge/problem/opportunity.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task and forecast.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A positive disposition and optimistic outlook.
- This position may require some travel (
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top