Red Team - Penetration Tester
Dynamics of the Role
TransUnion is seeking a Senior Penetration Penetration Tester to join our Internal Red Team in the Chicago, IL office. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership to a growing team of security testers. The hands-on role will conduct penetration testing and verify the security of applications including, but not limited to: web applications, cloud deployments, mobile applications and web services. Testing will also include Internal/External network, social, phishing, and wireless assessments as well as dodging the ever-vigilant Blue Team.
Over time this position will require ever more creative and technically advanced solutions. The more issues found and patched the more challenging the next assessment will be.
Even though a wide variety of security tests will be conducted against TU systems, the position will initially require an emphasis on Cloud based (AWS, Azure, etc) testing.
The Team's Focus
The Attack Surface Reduction Team is responsible for monitoring TU's global footprint and leading efforts to minimize its attack surface via red teaming, application security testing, vulnerability management, and leading company-wide technology initiatives. The team works closely with peers responsible for Threat Management, Malware Analysis, Insider Threat, and Security Automation.
TU offers a broad array of products to the consumers it serves either directly or indirectly and provides critical education and capabilities that empower the consumer and equips them with accurate data that is used by financial institutions, insurers, and employers.
How You'll Contribute:
- Think outside the box, question assumptions, push the limits
- Perform a wide variety of Red Team testing against TU infrastructure, applications, and users
- Conduct advanced testing above & beyond automated scanning tools
- Demonstrate importance of identified vulnerabilities and security weaknesses by creating POCs/Demos of pwnage
- Work with Application development teams to understand identified weaknesses, and recommend short and long term solutions if required
- Develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Red Teaming processes
- Attend conferences and conduct research to stay up-to-date on modern attack techniques
What You'll Bring:
- 5 years in Information Security or related field
- 2 years of practical experience in Penetration Testing
- 1 years of experience dealing with Cloud Environments (and a willingness to learn more)
- Deep technical knowledge in several of these areas: tools, testing methodologies, security concepts, network architecture, programming languages, and computer architecture.
- Able to effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
- Ability to take direction from management and work as part of a collaborative team
- High motivation, integrity, and commitment to self-development
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
Nice to Haves:
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven community contributions through conference presentations, publications, tool development, research, etc
- One or more of the following certifications (or similar): GPEN, GWAPT, OSCP, CISSP, eCPPT, etc
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top