Dynamics of the Role
The Manager of Quality Assurance/ Engineering plays a crucial role within the Application Development organization. Our Managers a have deep development experience and a passion for quality and help bridge the technical and non-technical teams in order to solve complex problems and ensure Quality effectiveness. This role will manage leverage a strong desire to improve quality through technology and skilled resources in a fast-paced innovative Agile environment.
The Team's Focus
We have a diverse global enterprise IT Quality Assurance team supporting quality initiatives across all TransUnion lines of business including the support of International testing. The team is developing cutting edge software test methodologies and platforms to exceed high quality expectations and improve timing of our application lifecycle.
This Manager role is responsible for representing and managing the quality of our TransUnion Rental Screening business.
How You'll Contribute:
- Represent Quality Assurance for Decisioning applications
- Hands on Manager of a team of onshore and offshore testers; coach and mentor team members
- Build an advanced technical test team that emphasizes quality through Automation and Continuous Integration.
- Work closely with Product teams, Application Development, and other Quality teams to build better test strategies and solutions.
- Work with Application Development to increase unit test coverage and overall code quality.
- Evaluate and implement quality frameworks to enable faster application delivery.
- Build strategic plans and Quality roadmaps
- Identify and implement code quality metrics around performance and efficiency
- Lead continuous integration efforts to increase test frequency.
- Travels as needed to support Quality teams
What You'll Bring:
- 10 years of Quality Assurance / Application Development experience
- At least one full year of managing direct reports
- Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI).
- 6 years of hands-on experience implementing test automation
- 2 years of service virtualization desired
- Deep understanding of different automation architectures tools and processes (eg. Selenium webdriver, Specflow frameworks a plus)
- Proven experience working in Agile methodologies
- Strong technical background in software development with a distinguished track record on implementing technically demanding projects
- Preferred experience with Java applications
- Strong organizational effectiveness and communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence in a matrixed organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience in a technical IT environment
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top