At TransUnion, we believe in building great products using the latest modern technologies, including implementing many current open source frameworks. Do you want to work around a true big data environment? How about helping us determine how to best develop solutions with our petabytes of data? TransUnion is growing and transforming itself. If you want to be a part of a leading technical Quality organization at a large data driven company then this is the place for you!
- Responsible for QA activities in Analytics domain
- Responsible for all of the Quality Assurance deliverables including thoughtful development of test strategies, test scenarios and test cases for all phases of testing.
- Identifies needs and builds and/ or recommends appropriate test automation where needed.
- Embraces change and successfully leads non associates for each project
- Manages and leads test strategies across many projects . Proactively identifies and works through project obstacles and removes impediments; assists co-workers with removing impediments as needed
- Proactively builds strong relationships across IT and business teams
- Successfully ensures sufficient test coverage for all projects; typically able to successfully manage quality across complex to very complex projects
- Complete understanding of many applications (including the architecture) that is being tested/ supported; able to communicate and train when needed
- Able to represent the application as a business user; understands the 'why' for project requirements and knows in detail how the applications are used
- Able to perform test execution on all tests if needed, across different applications
- Actively recommends and implements process improvements for supported projects
- Provides as a 'risk owner'; communicates and provides risk documentation throughout the project lifecycle that advises the project teams of potential risk areas and helps identify mitigation steps for the risk areas.
- Remains educated/ informed on the full suite of testing tools , processes and artifacts that are available; e.g. Industry Certification
- At times may need to give constructive feedback to other testers both formally and informally during projects
- Able to manage through ambiguity; contribute to solutions/projects that are not well defined
- Key project participant in all phases of the project; actively provides input to in SLDC
- Strong technical expertise; solid understanding of coding practices ( .Net, Java , Abinitio and/ or database management a plus)
- Very strong technical analysis and test strategy development
- Greater than average knowledge in Agile and Waterfall methodologies; successful experience in at least one
- Experience with test automation; ability to describe different methods and know where automation applies and/or doesn't fit
- Leader in developing the teams with quality / testing techniques
- Strong use of MS office and test management systems
- Demonstrated success at mitigating most risks while proactively escalating issues with possible solutions
- Proactively identifies issues across the team and implements improvements, manages ambiguity very successfully
- Demonstrated success in delivering on-time with quality
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and applications; able to make a positive impact on the testing or process improvement of new areas
- Ability to communicate to all levels of leadership
Key attributes: Good Judgment, Teamwork, Problem Solving , Communication, Results Focused, Leadership, Drives Change, Thinks integrated approach's , Innovation
- Implements a risk testing strategy to ensure production code meets customer expectations and that the delivered product is fit-for -use
- Immediately escalate unnecessary project risks; persuasive across lines of business regarding sharing a 'quality' view on best options
- On-time delivery of meaningful project status reports, adjusts communication methods to best fit the project needs
- Facilitates internal project team meetings and actively represents Quality Assurance in all project team meetings. Active voice representing Quality Assurance in project meetings
- Regular analysis on the health of production; reviews production defects, performs analysis, recommends improvements and implements necessary improvements
Who We Are
AtTransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to helppeople make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of globalinformation solutions, our mission is to help people around the world accessthe opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helpingorganizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers tounderstand and manage their personal information. Because when people haveaccess to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make moreinformed decisions and achieve great things.
Everyday TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to findways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businessesbetter manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for hisfirst mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, weare improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities andlocal economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protectedveteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top