At TransUnion, we believe in building great products using the latest modern technologies, including implementing many current open source frameworks. Do you want to work around a true big data environment? How about helping us determine how to best develop solutions with our petabytes of data? TransUnion is growing and transforming itself. If you want to be a part of a leading technical Quality organization at a large data driven company then this is the place for you!
Dynamics of the Role
The Quality Engineer is a dynamic performer who can work in a multi-disciplinary functions relating to the health and quality of TransUnion software applications. This role is primarily responsible for performing the quality efforts within TransUnion's Global Quality and Custom Software Development organization.
How You Will Contribute
- Works closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automatability, to provide feedback on design (functional and technical)
- Contributes to impact assessments from Feature enhancements on system level interactions, and existing regression and automated test suites
- Conducts in-sprint Test Design, Test planning Test automation development, and Test execution
- Conducts Manual Testing, and uses strong Exploratory Testing to uncover weaknesses in test approaches
- Creates and maintains automated tests for high availability and highly scalable applications which will be used by both internal and external customers
- Responsible for ensuring quality of their work as well as the work of the entire development team
- Logs defects and effectively triage them
- May conduct performance and scalability testing
- Development responsibilities include doing code review / bug analysis, analyzing development and test impacts, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
- Contributes to improvements in unit testing coverage, design test framework, develop test suites, expand automated testing harness and automate scenarios/cases
- Coordinate with offshore resources as needed
What You Will Bring:
- Passion to build great application products and ability to support large scale distributed systems
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience in various phases of testing, designing, and developing complex enterprise applications, including automation test development
- Practical knowledge in analyzing, designing, and developing solutions to highly complex technology problems
- Awareness of technology and product trends, especially what is happening in open source
- Adapts quickly to new technologies and processes
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions
- Chicago-based position
Who We Are
AtTransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to helppeople make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of globalinformation solutions, our mission is to help people around the world accessthe opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helpingorganizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers tounderstand and manage their personal information. Because when people haveaccess to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make moreinformed decisions and achieve great things.
Everyday TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to findways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businessesbetter manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for hisfirst mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, weare improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities andlocal economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protectedveteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top