How You'll Contribute:
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Primary support for internally developed data cluster software
- Monitoring data cluster software (primary) and hardware (secondary)
- First responder to all cluster related issues with an emphasis on root cause analysis
What You'll Bring
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (Django preferred)
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Experience in production support in large environments, including problem identification, root cause analysis, ticket documentation and customer relations
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Understanding of design principles behind a scalable application
- C, C , and C# Experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top