Public Relations Associate
Dynamics of the Role
We're looking for a PR pro who enjoys developing enticing press materials while also reveling in the thrill of securing positive media coverage. The position, reporting to the Senior Director of Public Relations, plays a key role in driving our global brand narrative, and is ideal for a communications professional with the interest and fortitude to work with some of TransUnion's top executives. In this role, you will be part of a dynamic communications team that delivers impactful and measurable results for TransUnion's numerous U.S. and international markets. The industry focus for this position will be financial services with additional industry support likely to help further our global brand. Travel to key media markets such as New York and conferences in Las Vegas will be expected, though it will likely be limited to 10-20% of the year. International work and travel may be expected in the near future to support our global PR efforts.
How You'll Contribute:
- Provide support and develop relationships with members of the media and internal business groups. Work with PR leaders to develop communication materials relating to any number of business areas.
- Align annual communications strategies, needs and goals. Work on implementation of global communications plans ensuring key messaging, positioning, and measurable objectives are in alignment with overall organizational goals.
- Tailor communications plans using comprehensive range of communication best practices. Analyze responses, leads, and ROI under the direction of the group leader. Interacts with product managers/subject matter experts to set communications strategy in line with budgets.
- Educate and influence internal and external partners on public relations best practices to ensure all communications are consistent and deliver consistent corporate messaging.
- Work to create awareness and educate the organization on the capabilities of the communications team, persuading and influencing associates to use the team as a resource when appropriate.
- Play a role in media measurement and coverage reports to be disseminated to TransUnion leaders as part of our overall lead generation efforts.
What You'll Bring:
- Your Bachelor's degree in communications or journalism preferred with at least 5-7 years' experience at a PR agency or in a corporate communications setting.
- Proficiency in public relations activities from either an agency or corporate setting.
- Financial services experience a plus
- Collaborative problem-solving skills and change management experience.
- Creativity, flexibility and initiative
- Basic knowledge of brand fundamentals and principles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability and initiative to accept delegated responsibility.
- Experience handling multiple projects with varying and changing due dates and requirements.
- Extremely good prioritization and organization skills.
- Talent to effectively communicate and interact with various levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of all software applications used by our groups (typically Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Salesforce and Workfront).
- Experience composing basic or routine correspondence as well as a variety of more challenging correspondence such as memorandums, letters, agendas, summaries, etc. in a clear and concise manner.
- A work style that is comfortable and effective in both independent work and collaborative group settings.
The Team's Focus
At TransUnion, our brand is one of our most important assets, setting us apart from our competition and creating a clear and consistent experience for customers. We help the company achieve key objectives by developing, executing and measuring corporate brand and communications strategies to leverage brand assets, ensure consistency across the global enterprise and help achieve business goals. Our team environment is one of strategy, creativity, innovation, and collaboration. In fact, we pride ourselves on our ability to work at a fast pace, build strong relationships, and continually hone our skills.
At TransUnion, we arededicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make betterand smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions,our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities thatlead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize theirrisk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage theirpersonal information. Because when people have access to more complete andmultidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achievegreat things.
Every day TransUnionoffers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways informationcan be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better managerisk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his firstmortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we areimproving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and localeconomies around the world.
We are an equalopportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status,sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected bylaw.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top