Dynamics of the Role:
The Proposal Consultant/Writer is responsible for executing the proposal process lifecycle, from initial receipt of proposal request to completion and delivery. The Proposal Consultant researches, organizes, writes, and edits proposal responses in accordance with organizational and branding standards. They also interact with individuals across the enterprise to revise/develop content, fulfill proposal requirements, and ensure proposal information is complete, current, and in compliance. This position is instrumental in assisting, maintaining and enhancing agency/client relationships as well as supporting the sales process.
The Team’s Focus:
Sales Operations assists the U.S. Information Services business in providing superior service to its clients by equipping the sales team
s with the best possible client-related processes and CRM tools. A sampling of our team’s key functions includes operational review of client activity and development of workflows, actionable analytics, consumable metrics and sales tools including strategic pricing models. Recently, our team led the time-sensitive migration of clients to an optimized platform that enhanced security and operational analysis and the extension of Salesforce.com to our international locations. We are a strong team comprised of self-motivated, analytical, and forward-thinking associates who enable sales teams by providing value-added and predictably reliable support.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Manage the development/submission of business proposals and due diligence questionnaires in response to commercial business and government RFP opportunities.
- Execute all aspects of the proposal process lifecycle - from initial receipt of proposal request, through completion and delivery. These might include: researching, gathering information, organizing/building schedules, working with subject matter experts, creating graphics, writing/editing, proofreading, formatting, maintaining version control, and ensuring compliance to both submittal guidelines and internal organizational standards.
- Align information resources/teams, develop new content/graphics, and routinely assist in the maintenance of sales enablement, customer relationship, and content management systems.
- Facilitate Go/No-go bid decisions with customer leads, management, and senior executives.
- Track, document, and report proposal development milestones against process standards, won/lost opportunities, and department performance metrics.
- Assist in special projects to improve proposal processes and support organization objectives.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Business Administration/Management, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant Proposal development experience.
- High proficiency and expertise in Microsoft Office and Adobe applications, as well as graphics development software with the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
- Practicing or certified member of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) or equivalent caliber professional organization.
- High sales IQ and ability to “read between the lines” of the RFP, to identify the customer objective/situation/drivers, and to develop value propositions or strategic win themes.
- Strong attention to detail with proven organizational, analytic, diplomatic, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skill-set with ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with sales/business staff and form/manage teams across multiple organizational boundaries, locations, and/or time zones.
- Able to operate and communicate effectively up to senior executive level when required.
- Enthusiasm for working in an intensive, deadline-driven and high-profile role with minimal direct supervision.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top