Project Manager, Business Consulting
TransUnion, a global leader in credit and information management, is seeking a Project Manager to plan, manage, and support end-to-end implementation of key thought leadership and infrastructure initiatives. The Project Manager will apply standard and proven project management methodologies to define, structure, and manage large projects globally to ensure successful delivery. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication and relationship building skills to influence others to achieve project objectives.
The Team’s Focus
How TransUnion communicates with our clients has always been of the utmost importance. Our ability to speak with authority about emerging trends, opportunities and threats in consumer lending is a clear competitive advantage, and has helped us forge strong relationships with our clients and prospects—ultimately contributing to revenue growth.
The Financial Services Research and Consulting team has contributed tremendous thought leadership impact in the U.S. over the past several years. In 2015 we introduced formal financial services thought leadership to Canada, and since then we have fundamentally enhanced and elevated the conversations we’ve been having with customers and prospects.
As we look forward with the dual goals of strong revenue growth and sustained market leadership, we have launched a global thought leadership initiative. Aimed at bringing sophisticated financial services market insights, lending industry expertise and proprietary events in a consistent and connected manner to all of our regions, this project manager role will help coordinate the complex deliverables we produce across the U.S. and around the globe, including the following regions: Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Hong Kong, India and South Africa.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Global Financial Services Research and Consulting, this project manager will also lead important infrastructure and measurement projects across the Financial Services business in the U.S.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Direct activities and manage projects of varying complexity and scope, including developing project plans, setting milestones, communicating clear expectations and managing resources to drive projects forward
- Deliver projects on time and in budget. Make changes to project phases as needed to address changes or problems to original project scope
- Engage with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to projects that may involve changes to business requirements and timelines
- You will be a process innovator as much as a project manager; find ways to make the team more efficient and impactful, always working toward world-class operational effectiveness
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- 5-7 years of experience in project management/administration or related field
- Must have a strong customer service mentality, and consistent desire to exceed expectations as a matter of personal pride.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Accountable for delivering results. Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying due dates and requirements.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior management, executive management, fellow team members and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to work across geographic regions, time zones and cultures. This role may involve significant travel globally
- Must have demonstrated experience that indicates that the incumbent can think “outside of the box”. Curiosity and innovation are both primary requirements for success
- The incumbent must be collaborative, problem-solving and experienced in change management. Creativity, flexibility and initiative are also required.
- Must be extremely well organized with superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and database applications, as well as internet applications (e.g., Sharepoint).
- Must be able to compose and/or coordinate complex correspondence such as reports and presentations in a clear and concise manner.
- PMP certification a plus
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
What We Offer
We aim high—and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investments worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We’re on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top