Product Strategy Leader - Data Science Technologies
- Chicago, IL
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Advanced knowledge of the product management lifecycle management and go to market processes for B2B software in the data science and machine learning platform space
- Experience in managing product portfolio of data science platforms, predictive analytic models, and machine learning commercialization in the financial space will be preferred
- Minimum of 7 years' experience from one of the following areas preferred: risk management, B2B data science technology services, financial services, and/or other similar fields
- Understanding of how data science and risk analytics teams have implemented data science software and platforms in the risk analytics space
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering or one of the hard sciences. MA/MS/MBA or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Deep knowledge and experience in product strategy and management, preferably in financial services, risk analytics, or data science technology
- Strong leadership skills; ability to take initiative and ownership and effectively leverage resources to successful outcomes without constant direction
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to break down complex problems into critical parts, identify the key causes and effectively prioritize and execute way forward
- Proven ability to quickly grasp industry and business-wide concepts in order to assess implications to drive actions and to capitalize on opportunities
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to assimilate and understand new concepts in short time frames
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to logically and systematically visualize and efficiently tackle tasks
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work across functions and levels of seniority
- Highly organized, excellent project management abilities
- Advanced fluency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Comfort operating in and delivering high-profile results in ambiguous environments
Impact You'll Make:
The Product Strategy Leader - Data Science Technologies will work closely with the VP of Analytics Enablement Solutions to provide leadership in defining, developing, launching, and managing the global data science and analytics product portfolio. You will leverage your domain expertise in the data science platform and risk analytics space to drive the business forward with responsibility for all analytic enablement products globally with a focus on our Prama suite of solutions.
Your role will evolve as we form the group and initially, you will:
- Work closely with the VP of Analytics Enablement Solutions to develop the vision and roadmap for the analytics suite of solutions
- Accountable for the longer-term P&L performance and strategy for your product portfolio
- Develop strategic insights based on market assessments grounded in primary and secondary research
- Collaborate with Sales, Markets, Regions, Data Science, Global Technology, Marketing, and the broader Global Solutions Team to create and maintain business plans with clear and measurable targets while ensuring cohesive product offerings
- Partners with International Product leads to ensure best practice sharing between US and TU International Markets
- Develop and deliver senior level presentations to articulate business plans
- Review and approve product backlogs
- Assist in designing and establishing a process for continuous improvement of our analytics suite of solutions, leveraging a data-driven, hypothesis-test-learn approach
- Gather competitive intelligence on an ongoing basis, monitor strategy and competitive response for key competitive solution sets
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Advisor, Product Management
Back to top