USA-NJ-GreaterPhilad-Cherry Hill|Product Mgt & Development
TransUnion is seeking a high performing andmotivated Product Manager (Consultant)in our USIS Insurance organization. This is a new role that will act as productsubject matter expert [SME] for our traffic court record solutions and will assistthe team with sales support, customer problem resolution, customer onboarding,and general analysis, as needed. This person will also be a key stakeholder inthe product development, market expansion and product validation processes. Experiencein the auto insurance industry will be considered a plus, and we are seeking acandidate with demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication, data analysis,and project management skills. This role will act as product SME to support theinternal TransUnion IT implementation team during customer onboarding,requiring an ability to understand both the technical specifications of theproduct as well as the business application, primarily in the auto insurancemarket, in order to be successful. This role will be a primary interfacebetween the product team and our clients, and therefore will be in a uniquerole to assist product development with understanding and implementing newproduct features and relaying client integration concerns.
This role will regularly use Web conferencingto work interactively with clients as they have questions or need additionalproduct information. The successful candidate will be able to get clientcooperation, approval and feedback at key milestones.
Our core customers are insurance companies andthe Product Manager (Consultant) role will be critical inhelping provide solutions that return significant value to thesecustomers. The Product Manager (Consultant) willalso be involved in our strategic review and planning process, helping toanalyze existing product performance, suggesting new products and supportingnew markets.
The Product Manager (Consultant) roleoffers exceptional professional development opportunities in a new functionwithin TransUnion, and reports to the Director of Product Management.
- Act as a product SMEfor any customer interactions and provide product information as requestedduring customer meetings and calls
- Provide analyticsupport to demonstrate the effectiveness of the product
- Troubleshoot customerissues that surface during and after product integration, working acrossvarious internal teams at TransUnion
- As directed, providead hoc analysis support for cost-benefit-analysis, customer validations,pricing, product performance, etc.
- Manage theclient-integration and use of our proprietary product codes; seek to improvesame based on customer interaction and feedback, working with productdevelopment team
- Interact with sales andlegal for contract administration as needed
- Be the product SME forall product line customer integrations
- Manage productconfiguration and customization specifications from the client, and relay sameto the data management team and IT implementation team to ensure successfulproduct deploy
- Be the productrepresentative to help manage product version upgrades and product enhancementsbeing rolled out to existing clients
- Provideproduct-specific technical support throughout the duration of theimplementation
- Provide clientbusiness use support and recommendations throughout the integration process
- Incorporate lessonslearned from post-implementation reviews and surveys
- Provide insightfulupdates to the product management team summarizing customer integrationchallenges and product use cases
- Report to productmanagement on implementation pipeline and progress
Support Product Development
- Identify and recommendproduct development initiatives based on customer interactions and problemresolution
- Working with subjectmatter experts, develop business requirements to support agreed to developmentinitiatives and the overall product roadmap / product portfolio strategy
- Assist in thedevelopment and planning of product pilots from concept through execution
- Work closely with thesales, IT, data acquisition and data management organizations to gather productissues to be addressed as part of the product roadmap
Support Internal IT Implementation Team
- Work closely with theinternal IT Implementation team to ensure smooth and successful onboardingprocess, while understanding that primary project management responsibility isthe IT implementation team
- Help to updateimplementation documentation and create new documentation and implementationguides as necessary
This position requires strong analytic skills with an ability tosee the big picture and identify/address organizational weaknesses whilecapitalizing/leveraging strengths of the organization. A successfulcandidate will have superior communication and organization skills and becapable working well with all other areas of the organization in ateam-building manner.
BA / BS degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics or a relatedfield required along with a minimum of 2-5 years of related work experience in,or acting as a consultant to, the insurance (preferable auto insurance) ordriving record industry in a product management role preferred, but notrequired. Additional skills preferred, but not required, include basicunderstanding of FCRA and DPPA regulations.
Idealcandidate will be a self-starter, curious, competitive in a positive way,energetic, and good at engaging people. Candidate should be comfortablepresenting and speaking in front of all levels of management as well asclients.
- Excellentorganizational, problem solving, and time management skills required
- Ability to interactwith all levels within a customer organization from all aspects of businessincluding IT, analytics, operations, legal, compliance, product, billing, sales
- Self-starter who isdriven to succeed and achievement oriented
- An individual with acan-do attitude full of positivity and energy
- Individual mustpossesses a high level of integrity
- Excellentcommunication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient withMicrosoft Office suite, especially Excel, required. Any experiencewith Salesforce considered a plus
- Ability to thrive andstay organized in a growing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritizetasks with varying deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention todetail
- Working knowledge ofweb-conferencing (Skype for business a plus)
- Experience workingwith technical business units and proficiency in learning new technology
- Technical knowledge ofXML file format a plus
What We Offer:
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we continue to grow our business and build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are:
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investments worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey, and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top