Product Analyst, Rental Screening Services
PRODUCT ANALYST – TRANSUNION RENTAL SCREENING SERVICES
At TransUnion, a leader in the information services industry, we've made a habit of impacting the world around us. Our commitment to technology is second to none. And because we constantly encourage new ideas and new thinking from our associates, our continued growth is assured.
We are a global leader in credit information and information management services. For more than 40 years, we have worked with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze and deliver the critical information needed to build strong economies throughout the world.
TransUnion's Rental Screening Services (TURSS) business unit is a major player in the multi-family and independent landlord housing market, with $40M in annual revenue, and growing. We are making long term investments into key revenue platforms to enable this growth, and are looking for a Product Analyst to join our team.
This position is responsible for supporting the execution of product strategies for SmartMove, a high-profile product at TransUnion. SmartMove is the market leader in online tenant screening for independent landlords and small property management firms. The successful candidate will use their analytical skills to help drive the product roadmap for profitable growth, participate in (or lead) various research initiatives aimed at understanding our customers and competitive environment, analyze the performance of new product launches and marketing efforts and work across functional teams (particularly Operations, Finance, and Marketing) to bring value to the market. Assessing market segments and providing analysis related to pricing, positioning, and promotions as well as analyzing product life cycles, revenue, and profitability is required. Initiatives may also include research and analysis, participating in product ideation sessions, leading small development efforts or assisting on mid-size to major efforts, and supporting the centralized product development process functions. This position also provides basic field support efforts aligned with individual product management or development strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the strategic direction of SmartMove. Contributes to understanding our customers, crafts innovative market-appropriate solutions, creates and defends market potential assessments, and provides analysis used in the prioritization of solutions.
- Completes ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes.
- Analyzes performance of various product and marketing initiatives using both quantitative and qualitative measures. Deliver insights and recommend actions that lead to profitable growth and satisfied customers.
- Conducts and compiles general research and provides analysis and recommends to the Product Managers on products related to revenue, profitability, pricing, product life cycle, positioning, and promotion strategy. Work with market research firms and secondary research vendors on various topics as needed.
- Compiles product performance reports, analyzes them, and delivers relevant insights and recommendations to product management. Analysis will cover overall product performance, partner performance, initiative benefits realization vs. KPI targets, and site effectiveness.
- Works with Marketing and Sales to plan targeted campaigns. This may include writing creative briefs, providing feedback on copy and creative, and using statistical methodologies creating campaign test plans.
- Crafts website optimization recommendations in conjunction with internal UX resources.
- Works with other business units to understand their best practices and recommend appropriate ones to rollout at TURSS. Communicate TURSS best practices to other business units to the overall benefit of TransUnion.
- Completes research on potential business partners, competitors, and verticals; prepares reports with information on financial position, competitive position, market potential, and business development/partnership opportunities. Provides continual updates to manager to ensure the project's direction is on course and within established timelines.
- Provides basic training to other internal departments in support of the products. Participates in or may lead cross-functional team meetings for product development projects from concept initiation through product delivery.
- Reviews existing business processes to identify areas of improvement. Develops a basic understanding of processes and technology, enabling a cross-functional perspective on product/process opportunities.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires a bachelor degree with an emphasis in marketing, engineering, business administration, finance, accounting, economics, math/statistics, science or an equivalent field.
- SQL skills are required. Strong business acumen and advanced mathematics/statistics are required.
- Prior experience in direct or interactive marketing, statistical or business analysis, product management, or management consulting is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a professional environment and in highly regulated industries is a plus.
- To be successful in this role, the applicant must have excellent communication and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple project/products simultaneously.
- Must be able to demonstrate independence, initiative, and business acumen, and be able to work independently and in team settings.
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top