TransUnion Global Procurement Buyer
The Team's Focus:
Global Procurement is a team of professional buyers and negotiators that acquire products and services that TransUnion requires both locally and globally. The Procurement buying teams are organized by category and commodity and are supported by IT Asset Management and Procurement Operations. The team manages relationships with vendors that supply TransUnion and also interfaces with other internal functions that oversee third party relationships such as Information Security, Accounts Payable, Finance, Legal, and Third Party Risk functions. The team manages RFx's and Predictive Benchmarks to facilitate the bidding process. The two most important objectives in our negotiations is to protect the company and to get the best possible cost of ownership for the products and services being acquired.
Dynamics of the Role:
The role will support the Software category of spend throughout the organization and assist internal functional areas with tools and information related vendor and business process requirements. The Buyer will support the Global Procurement team with core functions including RFx/Predictive Benchmarking writing, distribution and analysis, implementation of processes to support governance requirements for Global Procurement department, and attend to and track on-going savings and documentation requirements.
How You'll Contribute:
- Fulfill software requests
- Manage requests in Procurement intake tool
- Create PO requests
- Customer Service with stakeholders across the enterprise, including business owners, IT and Legal, to ensure the Global Procurement strategy, policy and guidance support the needs of the organization
- Assist the Global Procurement team and the business through vendor selection processes
- Design and distribute formal RFx's and Predictive Benchmarking with Global Procurement Category lead
- Continually conduct an internal analysis of expense categories
- Assist with external research of potential suppliers with Global Procurement Category lead
- Liaise with Trans Union Legal to ensure vendor contacts are completed
- Identify, deliver and track savings and process improvements for the Global Procurement team
- Update and maintain the intranet and other internal tools with current versions of policies, procedures, templates and forms
What You'll Bring:
- BA/BS degree or 1-4 years of equivalent work in Procurement, Vendor Management, Accounting and/or Finance
- Experience with technology, software licensing, SaaS
- Experience with interfacing with IT Asset Management
- Experience with managing, negotiating vendor agreements in M&A scenarios
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and proven ability to work independently and within a team
- High attention to detail
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top