Problem Management Analyst
Dynamics of the Role
This role will have the responsibility of administering and being accountable for and ensuring adherence to the TransUnion Problem Management process and therefore will work closely with all ITIL towers and Support Towers. The Problem Manager will administer, manage and carry out all aspects of the Problem Management process for the Customer. This role will also ensure data yielded from this process will be of high quality and provide management with the right level of business intelligence.
This role requires an assertive person who is mature in business acumen, has experience in dealing with challenging and difficult customer issues as well as the ability to deflate these types of situations without leadership escalation. Has a well-rounded background in technology, processes, with an emphasis on leadership and influence due to the nature of Problem Management process.
How You'll Contribute
- Ensure that all problems are resolved within the timescales set in Service Level Agreements (SLA) and appropriate Operating Level Agreements
- Demonstrate how the use of Problem Management reduces the number of Incidents in the environment
- Escalate Problems which are damaging the quality of service
- Inform resolver groups when Incident or Problem trends appear and agree the course of action required to enable identification of root cause and resolution of Known Errors within SLA
- Report on service trends, identify root causes and propose appropriate solutions
- Provide regular updates on Problems to the Customer
- Ensure Configuration Items (CI) are linked to all Problems
- Use business knowledge and commercial awareness in order to minimize the impact of any reported Problems on the Business
- Monitor the resolution of Problems through to closure
- Ensure that the resolving teams are meeting their obligations regarding the updating of Problem Logs with progress to date
- Ensure that preventative actions assigned to others are completed and recommendations are followed up, and escalate if appropriate
- Ensure that workarounds are followed up with complete resolution
What You'll Bring
- Computer Science Bachelor's Degree or ITIL certification
- Assertive and self-starting with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top