PeopleSoft Support Analyst
Dynamics of the Role
The primary responsibility is to provide administrative and technical support for PeopleSoft and other assigned application(s), in support of business functions. This position effectively and efficiently executes documented procedures and assists with the analysis, recommendations for corrective actions, and resolution of problems within the software application. This position also contributes by providing support for normal software maintenance and updates.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Perform primary and/or secondary administrative and technical support for PeopleSoft and other assigned applications.
- Serve as a liaison between development (L3) teams, subject matter experts and other technical areas
- Create and maintain support documentation, service desk routing, and knowledge base entries
- Achieve defined Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Work closely under the mentorship of senior staff
- Effectively follow documented procedures to ensure continuous system operations and scheduled processing
- Communicate with end user, functional and technical teams to request additional details, documentation, or information to assist in the processing of support requests
- Assist in the documentation of known issues and resolved incidents for L1 support team future reference
- Address escalations from Level 1 team, application users and monitoring/alerts with as minimal as possible escalations to L3 (development) teams
- Provide batch support, health checks at the start/end of the day
- Create, update and amend relevant production support documentation
- Provide after hour and weekend support related activities if necessary in partnership with other team members
- Troubleshoot issues involving end users across the globe, supporting the effort to identify and eliminate the root cause in the environment
- Create accurate and thorough ticket documentation to ensure knowledge from analysis and support activities is published for future occurrences and keeping the knowledgebase up to date
- Protect our customers, our users, and our brand by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Professional Attributes:
- Self-starter and highly motivated with strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of staff and cultures both written and verbally
- Possess a sense of urgency and a desire to learn as well as be adaptable and innovative, providing creative solutions and readily accepting feedback, mentoring, and coaching
- Respond effectively to inquiries via the phone or web-based issue tracking system
- Ability to identify recurring incidents and trends
- Strong documentation skills
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Leverage internal expertise, knowledge and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues
- A level of commitment and dedication to the business as well as a strong work ethic and customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task while being attentive to the customer
What You’ll bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- One (1) year experience as a software support analyst in a user or technical support environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Business, Accounting, Finance, Procurement, Human Resources , Management Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of 1 year exposure to Oracle PeopleSoft applications
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Microsoft Office applications
- One (1) year experience performing help desk functions for routine issues including problem tracking, analysis, and resolution; define and document help desk solutions; provide problem determination;
- Experience communicating with end users, functional and technical teams to request additional details, documentation, or information to assist in the processing of user support requests
- PeopleSoft Financial and/or Human Capital Management experience
- Database Oracle/SQL Unix/Linux skills
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top