PeopleSoft Functional Lead
The Team's Focus:
Corporate Systems supports global operations of Financial &Human Resource Systems. We're focused on delivering cost effective highquality solutions that improve the efficiency of our global financialorganization.
The opportunity is for the Financial Systems area. This role is
responsible for the functional and technical support, maintenance and systemadministration of the PeopleSoft Finance application. PeopleSoft Financemodules being supported includes General Ledger, Asset Management, ProjectCosting, Order Management, Billing, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing andAccounts Payable. Our team plays a key role in enabling important processdecisions in accounting that meet corporate objectives. Successful team membersare energetic and flexible, with a focus on the end-user and the business.We're looking ahead to opportunities and challenges as we continue our globalimplementation of PeopleSoft Finance.
Dynamics of the Role:
- Partner with Finance end-users to understand and analyze complexbusiness problems and define business needs for new and/or enhanced products,services or optimize/streamline business processes.
- Support all user requests in all modules of PeopleSoft Financewith regard to navigation, table and data maintenance, query creation and datarequests.
- Understand overall business objectives and priorities that demandFinancial System services.
- Liaise with external Customers which receive output from ourfinancial systems
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure that project roadmapsare focused on efforts that provide the highest business value; Facilitate
- Elicit, capture, analyze and document business requirements
- Facilitate estimation of proposed solutions
- Drive the delivery of solutions from conceptual to implementation.
- Provide information and advice on functionality, applicability,and usability of TranUnion's Financial systems
- Identify project interdependencies
- Collaborate with IT and Finance end-users to define and developprocess, procedural documentation, instructions, manuals, etc.
- Lead training sessions with financial teams to ensure the financeuser's become self-sufficient.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of PeopleSoft experience including hands-onexperience with implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting PeopleSoftFinancials applications.
- Superior functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials version9.x, with proficiency in multiple PeopleSoft modules (GL, AM, PC, OM, BI, AR,PO & AP) with an emphasis on Billing, Order Management, Pricing andAccounts Receivable.
- Extensive experience in progressively responsible positionsfocused on PeopleSoft application design, development, documentation, testing,and implementation in full life-cycle project
- Ability to analyze, identify, gather, and document PeopleSoftfinancial systems functional requirements.
- Strong with research, analytical, and technical problem solvingskills.
- Experience in troubleshooting PeopleSoft Financials applications.
- Extensive experience with PS/Query.
- Demonstrated ability in working with large projects and projectteams.
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service, people/relationship skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, orrelated field.
- Implementation/upgrade of PeopleSoft Financials in a 9.xenvironment
- Experience with supporting and implementing PeopleSoft Globally(South Africa, Latin America, Canada, Asia Pacific, India, Brazil)
- Experience using PeopleSoft Financials 9.1 / 9.2, ApplicationDesigner, PeopleCode, Component Interface, Application Engine, SQR's, IntegrationBroker, and Security.
- Experience working with SQL/SQL .
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9x architecture.
- Experience working with Oracle databases.
- Experience with development of Crystal reports.
- Experience with nVision reporting.
Who We Are:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top