Online Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
Online Application Support Analyst
Dynamics of the Role
This is a great opportunity to join our Operations team as an Online Support associate. Our company was featured in InformationWeek and ranked in the top 6 most innovative companies. We are looking for a candidate to join our team that is innovative and a problem solver. They should be skilled at researching simple to complex problems. Have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and help create roadmaps for upgrades, enhancements, and replacements. They will be involved in building tools and solutions to resolve existing problems and business needs.
The Team's Focus
The right candidate will work on a team of software specialists focused on our online environments. The team uses procedures, scripts, database queries, and tools to resolve application issues. We also work very closely with our business partners communicating information about system health, outages or status of support requests. Our team offers the opportunity to continually grow and learn new technologies by working with the development teams on strategic projects. This allows us to keep our skills fresh and support each new technology. The team will also maintain and create new support tools that can help automate process and provide additional monitoring.
How you will contribute:
- Maximize system availability
- Work directly with the development and business teams to keep the communication flowing
- Identify issues and coordinate with the correct groups to help resolve problems
- Assist users with application questions and issues
- Create tools and automation to help support and monitor applications
- Capture metrics regarding performance and capacity, stability, and value that drive decisions
- Drive innovations on their team always looking for performance improvement
- Providing recommendations for the best user experiences and product enhancements
- Researching, troubleshooting, diagnosing and recommending solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems
- Use trouble shooting skills to solve software or application issues
- What you will bring:
- Ability to automate through scripting and configuration management, have a deep understanding of scripting languages like Bash, Shell or Perl
- Unix / Linux operating system experience
- Working knowledge of Splunk
- Working knowledge of Service Now or other similar software
- Data warehouse skill set including the ability to follow a data base model and craft SQL queries for data analysis
- Are an effective organizer and solve technical problems at various levels of difficulty and document the process and resolution
- Can work both independently and as a member of collaborative teams
- Enjoy helping others and share a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Monitoring of application performance and environmental uptime.
- Enjoy building tools to support the infrastructure and Cost Optimization.
- Are interested in sharing and teaching others about your ideas
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- A degree in computer science or related degree path
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Sheri heads up the Strategic Sales Team for the Insurance Division of TransUnion, assisting teams in providing data models and analytic solutions to company clients around the country and beyond.
Back to top