Network Systems Administrator Intern
Currently seeking an IT Network/System (NetSys) Administrator Intern to work on a full-time basis during summer 2017!
The Team’s Focus
TransUnion Consumer Interactive creates web-based financial products helping consumers manage their credit, identity and money. Our product suite includes TransUnion Credit Monitoring and ID Theft Protection—products to help our customers monitor critical changes in their credit by assisting them with debt analysis, identity theft protection features, and money management tools.
The NetSys intern will contribute by deploying and supporting a broad range of production infrastructure systems to include Windows and Linux systems, storage, virtualization and data center activities…all while supporting our business units and enabling them to attain their business goals in a cost-effective manner.
We offer a clear career path and the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects as we move toward best-in-class technology. Recently, our group established a 24×7 Enterprise Operations Center, completed major technology migrations and launched a virtualized computing environment resulting in increased efficiencies. We are a progressive, growing organization that appreciates our associates and their contributions to making us the best at what we do.
How You’ll Contribute
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Deploy, configure and patch Windows Sever and Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers
- Configure and manage virtualization technologies across all environments
- Install OS and firmware patches across all systems
- Assist in network mapping, managing and maintaining technology inventory
- Execute datacenter tasks that include racking, un-racking, cabling, shipping and receiving equipment.
- Participate in cross-training to develop procedures
- Deliver high quality work with attention to detail
- Support other key initiatives as the business dictates
What You’ll Bring
- Manage high-pressure situations professionally, calmly and with urgency
- Ability to work independently and provide progress reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in the latest technology and trends
- Solid work ethic and initiative
- Solid knowledge of MS applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Management and Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Business students entering junior or senior year preferred
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information.
Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find new ways information can be used for good. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Technical Systems Engineer
TC’s main responsibility is to make sure all of the TransUnion Windows-based systems, across every office, are fully operational and available at all times.
Back to top