TransUnion of Canada: .NET Developer (Burlington, ON)
What We Offer
TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What you will do
In this role, you will serve as a Developer to deliver TransUnion's initiatives on our industry leading decisioning platform. We are seeking a technically savvy individual with the strong collaborative skills required to manage projects of varying scope and work with customers to elicit and document business and functional requirements. This is a hands-on and fast-paced role where the incumbent will be a key member of the team working on the DecisionEdge product, and will be responsible for configuring the customers' requirements into business ready solutions.
• Produces high-quality functional solutions
• Produces unit and integration tests for their solution
• Addresses existing technical debt with pragmatic delivery
• Willing to learn any skill needed to help their team
• Demonstrate excellence in delivering high quality code
• Works with all the team members to adhere to the Definition of "Done"
• Demos their work and seeks customer feedback actively
• Accepts feedback provided in retrospective and works collaboratively to enable enhancements with the team
• Collaborates continually in design sessions
• Collaborates on solution designs and implementations
• Uses design and development techniques that enable rapid software change
• Uses object oriented principles to avoid repetitive code
• Builds automations for repetitive tasks such as testing and deployment
• Produces appropriately concise and informative comments in source code
• Provide Code Reviews for others
• Works in a constructive and positive way to ensure growth for others
• Everyone's code is reviewed and everyone reviews code for others
• Works effectively with their Project Manager to come to a shared understanding on scope
• Knows their product well and can quickly describe its high-level purpose
• Provides accurate estimates for each project or work request
• Demonstrates ownership behaviours with all aspects of development lifecycle
• Identifies risks to existing to project planning and provides reasoned alternative solutions
• Provides revised estimates based on changing scope as needed
Training / Learning
• Seeks out new information and knowledge on a daily basis
• Stays current on the latest version of the .Net Framework , isual Studio and related tools and technologies
• Presents new lessons learned to share knowledge across groups
• Holds themselves and teammates accountable
• Welcomes requirement changes
• Provides management feedback and solutions when roadblocks present themselves
• Takes risks and moves outside their comfort zone to enable differentiated solutions
• Identifies process inefficiencies and provides alternative solutions to improve the process
• Willing to step in to any component or domain
• Seeks out help from others when needed
• Accepts help from others when it is offered
• Works to correct inefficiencies in communication and process by building relationships with their team members
• Builds plans that are flexible and ready to adapt to changes
What you will bring
• 5-7+ years of .Net development using Visual Studio
• Experience with WCF/Web Services
• Experience with ADO.NET, ORM, Entity Framework, etc.
• Experience with Database Development (Advanced SQL)
• Understands test-driven development, unit-testing
• Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and mentoring skills.
• 4-year degree in computer science or equivalent
• Experience with .NET/TFS build automation
• Experience with automated build-verification testing
• Experience in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
Back to top