.net Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst
The Application Support Analyst will support business critical applications for TransUnion Rental Screening, Decision Centre and other online web-based application solutions. The qualified and selected candidate will develop production support plans and manage day-to-day operation inquiries, customer issues and incidents in production environment by performing the following responsibilities
- Proactively and expeditiously identify, diagnose, take corrective action and resolve application system incidents and problems.
- Proactively develop monitors and analyze system performance to ensure high availability.
- Document, communicate and escalate technical issues, manage to resolution and articulate business impact.
- Conduct root cause analysis of application system problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Recommend and implement changes in systems / procedures to avoid recurrences of system failures.
- Recommend and implement system changes to reduce required manual intervention in monitoring and managing system performance.
- Provide 24x7 on-call support through a rotational schedule
- Create and maintain application system documentation (e.g. knowledge articles) to enable Level 1 and Level 2 supportability
- Manage service request queue Monitor and fulfill business and product support requests.
- Collaborate closely with application development to understand the architecture and design and as warranted submit change requests for system improvements
- Participate in planning sessions regarding application, hardware and software changes. Actively engaged in pre- and post- implementation reviews.
- Ensure infrastructure and application, as well as IT processes and procedures, meet strict security requirements and comply with IT Risk Management guidelines.
- Monitor and measure production system performance and growth on an ongoing basis,
- Focus on Customers understanding how specific actions link to customer impact; ensures the customer's needs and impact on the business are at the forefront of all decisions and actions
- Desired to have software/application support experience including deploying, diagnosing, and debugging complex Windows .NET/IIS and SQL Server based or internet-based applications
- Working Knowledge of application SQL Server functions, functional knowledge of databases with the ability to execute queries, joins, stored procedures and triggers
- Minimum of 2 years or relative experience supporting or developing .NET web applications
- Experience working with XML
- Experience with Web Services integration (SOAP, REST)
- Demonstrated technical aptitude, strong analytical and troubleshooting competencies
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be intrinsically motivated and detail oriented.
- Must be able to organize, multi-task and prioritize work
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Must have desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekend on-call support one or two weeks per month.
Additional Desirable Skills:
- SPLUNK Monitoring Tools
- Ready API/SOAP UI Test & Validation Services
- ServiceNow IT Service Management and Incident Management Tools
- Zenoss/SCOM monitoring tools
- ITIL experience or certification
- Microsoft IIS experience
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top