Marketing Communications - Diversified Markets
Dynamics ofthe Role
Thisconsultative position is responsible for developing and implementing themarketing communication strategies and projects for TransUnion's DiversifiedMarkets line of business by identifying internal or external marketingcommunication needs, executing creative/positioning strategies, trackingmarketing budgets, and reporting plans and results to management. Inaddition, each position is responsible for uniquely assigned projects based onthe needs of the department such as reviewing and updating marketingcommunication collateral; assisting with trade show events, exhibits, and/orother activities; or providing advertising coordination activities.
Ability toperform the overall duties and responsibilities of this position with generaldirection.
Provides consultative support and starts to develop strong relationships withmanagement and other corporate marketing functions. Has regular exposureand interaction with managers to develop communication materials relating toany area of the business unit's needs. Acts as a central source forinformation.
Works with main marketing director and business units' managers to strategize,prioritize and align annual marketing communication strategies, needs, andgoals. Develops marketing communication plans that ensure key messaging,positioning, and measurable objectives are in alignment with overallorganizational goals. Coordinates the development of communicationmaterials across channels (medium) to ensure integrated marketingcommunications throughout organization including websites, print and onlineadvertising, collateral materials, direct marketing, presentations, tradeshows, internal/external communications and other public events.
Develops marketing plans using comprehensive range of communications bestpractices. Analyzes responses, leads, and ROI under the direction of theManager. Interacts with product managers/subject matter experts to setmarketing communication strategy in line with marketing budgets.
Coordinates project resources including advertising agencies, printers,photographers, graphic designers and copywriters. Coordinates work withinternal and outside agencies and vendors for creating and producingpromotional materials, and ensure compliance to brand standards. Reviewscollateral and highlights general grammatical errors. Works with manager or amore senior consultant to develop scope, budget and cost forecasting forresponsible areas. Advises clients of committed and available budget;monitors actual expenses according to projections. Researches the most costeffective resources and best practices required to complete a job forcost-saving measures.
Coordinates the storage and fulfillment of all pre- and post-sale collateralmaterials. Consults with product managers to establish reorderpoints. Review all existing materials, and recommends and coordinates therevision of them according to new branding strategies. Involved in vendoroperations and billing. Devises process improvements to stock collateralbetter. Troubleshoots, tracks, and corrects wrong shipments, billingproblems, approving return items. Assists with three-bid process for allprinted materials (internal and external marketing collateral, sales supportmaterials). Learns the strategic approach and starts to implement someprocess improvements with this company-wide resource, including managing thestorage/fulfillment vendor, minimizing storage costs, refining the accountingprocess and devising numerous cost saving measures.
Assists with specific target markets for advertising. Works withadvertising agency of record, photographers, printers and internal clientele todevelop unique messaging for specific publications and audiences. Analyzes opportunities for developing new creative campaigns, incorporatingbrand strategies.
Educates and influences internal and external partners on corporate brandstandards and key attributes/company position messaging to ensure allcommunications are consistent and deliver the brand strategy. Works tocreate awareness and educate the organization on the capabilities of the Brandand Marketing communication team. Persuades and influences associates touse the team as a resource when appropriate.
Conducts full results analysis of all programs and documents all information inan organized fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
The duties andresponsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/orabilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or specialization field required with at least 4 years of progress experience in a marketing communications area.
- Proficient in basic strategic planning, event logistics, vendor negotiation, on-site small scale execution, promotion, budgeting, public relations, and communications.
- The incumbent should be a collaborative problem-solving and change management agent.
- Creativity, flexibility and initiative are also required.
- Basic knowledge of brand fundamentals and principles. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability and initiative to accept delegated responsibility. Must be able to handle multiple projects with varying and changing due dates and requirements. Extremely good prioritization and organization skills.
- Needs to be able to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must have working knowledge of all software applications used by the supported group. This typically includes using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and database. In addition, must be able to functionally use any other software applications that are unique to the business unit where this position operates.
- Must be able to compose basic or routine correspondence as well as a variety of more challenging correspondence such as memorandums, letters, agendas, summaries, etc. in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to proofread work and suggest changes when necessary. Must be able to speak clearly when interacting with others in person or while on the telephone. Feels comfortable to ask questions about assignments if instructions are unclear or ambiguous. Must be able to work independently and in-group settings. Able to handle leading or coordinate the work of others.
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers are able to better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investments worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We're on an exciting journey, and you can be a part of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of TransUnion's Employees
Senior Technical Project Manager
Patrick oversees many projects that are in development within the TransUnion walls. He’s responsible for determining what projects should be running and when they should be finished.
Back to top