Market Planning Director, Credit Cards
Dynamics of the Role
The Director of Market Planning role provides regional leadership with a resource to identify business development strategies and execute new business initiatives that align with the region and add value to the International Business Unit. This role reports to the VP of International Market Planning and will p rovide insight to the Regional Executive and other functional areas, regarding the local strategy and opportunities to expand business development practices for specific products and programs, achieving local goals and strategic growth . The role is tasked with identifying areas for growth, leveraging capabilities, and executing on the 3 Year Plan for the region in order to ensure business strategy expansion in the local market.
The Director will develop and use a thorough understanding of the markets within the region to provide subject matter expertise, guidance and recommendations that will drive to the success and growth of the solutions and programs in that market. The Director will consult with individual business units, establish project priorities and capacity planning in order to anticipate internal and or external challenges, and recommend process, product or service improvements.
The Director will also lead strategic engagements with executives of few priority customers to identify critical business issues and strategic priorities, and position TransUnion as partner of choice to achieve desired goals. The incumbent will also support strategic sales efforts through the definition of scalable value solutions positioning and processes, working collaboratively with leaders and cross functional teams such as Strategy and Planning, Sales, and Product in order to make recommendations and direct the go to market strategy.
How you'll contribute:
- Medium to long-term view of Card revenue (>12 months)
Market Strategy Responsibilities:
- Develop Card market strategy
- Understand Card market landscape, FS market trends and forces, and competitive intelligence
- Assess market needs and determine required solution capabilities
- Develop a market engagement plan and pursue strategic engagements with executives of selected customers across the value chain to identify key CBIs and strategic priorities
- Support pricing strategy definition and review tactics with sales
- Discover & identify new solutions opportunities (Card market focus)
- Pursue customer input & feedback on current and future needs (e.g., VOC, advisory boards, focus groups, CNAs)
- Discover and define new product concepts, build business case, and support product development in validating product concepts specs and technical requirements
Market Development Responsibilities :
- Build and maintain partnership relationship with selected customers
- Define frameworks, sales training, and engagement documents to enable scalability of market engagement plan
- Direct go to market strategy and support go to market planning for new solutions
Business Support Focus:
- Oversight Card Advisory Board
- Support the build of annual 3-year plan
- Define strategy summary and content on market trends and forces
- Support revenue forecast built and allocation of new products and growth initiatives
- Provide intelligence and content for account engagement planning and advise on market segmentation
- Attend relevant industry events
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related field with 7 or more years of management/ leadership experience in product management (P&L ownership preferred), product strategy, market strategy, business development and/ or management consulting. MBA preferred.
Progressive experience in financial services (credit card preferred)
Ability to effectively develop relationships, engage, advice, and persuasively communicate with C-level customers in face-to-face scenarios demonstrating real-time insight, flexibility and sound judgment
Business maturity, and strong leadership and listening skills with the ability to analyze input from customers, partners, TransUnion associates, market and environmental trends, to identify and clearly articulate needs and opportunities for innovation and growth
Experience working in a matrixed environment preferred, collaborating across teams and functions
Strategic-minded , able to structure and organize complex and ambiguous business problems
Strong analytical and insight-driven problem-solving skills. Independence, initiative, business acumen, and excellent verbal, story-telling written communication, and negotiation skills
Sound working knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint with exception presentation skills
Ability to travel at least 25% of the time and perform other duties as assigned
You can also visit our LinkedIN career page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/4310/careers?trk=job_view_topcard_company_image
Data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes.
Back to top