Manager I, Solution Architecture
What We'll Bring:
Manager to lead a team of highly skilled and very successful members who are working for TransUnion's Global Decisioning Platform - DecisionCentre
What You'll Bring:
The Team's Focus
My team is responsible for the DecisionEdge/DecisionCentre product which is the Global Decisioning Platform for TransUnion. The product is on Microsoft technology stack with .NET, C#, WCF, ASP.NET, Web API, TypeScript and SQL Server. Product has a Web Portal and web/windows services based backend engine, with Reporting functionality.
We are looking for a seasoned manager who can manage the design, implementation and ongoing delivery of DecisionCentre platform, its related components, services and global DecisionEdge solutions in an Agile software development environment with team members across multiple time zones. The job function demands bringing up relatively new team to speed in the platform and helping multiple Scrum Teams, attending day to day scrum ceremonies, PI planning sessions, setting performance goals for team members, conducting performance reviews and help bring the best out of team members. Oversees Agile Implementation team members, collaborates with planning team on refinement of Epics, Features, User Stories, Test Plans/Results, Test Automation and other artifacts. Serves as the front-line point of escalation for team members across roles for technical questions and technical issue resolution. Consults as needed with business partners across roles in the organization including external clients and 3rd party contractors.
This position requires expert knowledge of C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET, and WCF & Web API technologies.
How You'll Contribute:
- Manage the work of assigned resources with the objective of assisting them in completing their work assignments. Understand types of incoming work, assess the difficulty/complexity and determine the staff member best capable of execution. Develop tactics for completing annual goals and objectives of the department. Exercise the usual authority of a first level manager in regard to employee relations, staffing, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, promotions, salary recommendations, hiring, and terminations. Ensure that the administrative policies and procedures are taught to and followed by staff.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical leadership on C#/ASP.NET & SQL server based application platform development best practices. Develop a keen understanding of external customer needs and sprint/release schedules to effectively translate into solution deliverables. Respond rapidly to changing requirements and new projects by dynamically adjusting priority, scope, timeline and resources as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain deep technical knowledge of technology products and services. Serve as subject matter expert when assisting clients and internal teams by identifying, defining, and recommending technical modifications, enhancements, and/or new strategies necessary for continuing the success of the products/services.
- Represent the Agile implementation team at a variety of different forums describing, explaining, and demonstrating the products and services offered. Help to identify strategies and opportunity for customers to utilize the products and services offered by the team. Communicate status to internal teams and management.
- Mentor and coach team members on DecisionEdge solution development and best practices.
- Promotes cooperation, negotiation and communication among internal and external teams/roles. May need to meet with clients and vendors on need basis and provide additional consultative services as needed by the client and/or sales team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline, or an equivalent educational and work experience, with typically up to 12+ years of software experience in Windows environment.
- Minimum 3+ years of people management skills.
- 12+ years of experience in Microsoft tools and technologies, including: .NET Web and Windows/WCF service application development using C#, .NET, Web API, TypeScript, JQuery, IIS, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience developing data-driven applications (SQL Server/ Stored Procedures / Views / Functions / Web Services).
- Knowledge of Architectural Patterns.
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Development
- 2 years of experience in financial industry.
- Must be self-directed and proactive; think beyond immediate problem.
Impact You'll Make:
Who We Are
- At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
- Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion Job Title
Manager I, Solution Architecture
Back to top