Manager I, Quality Assurance
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. When people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
The Team's Focus:
We have a diverse, global enterprise IT Quality Assurance team supporting quality initiatives across all TransUnion lines of business including the support of International testing. The team is developing cutting edge software test methodologies and platforms to exceed high quality expectations and improve timing of our application lifecycle.
This Manager role is responsible for representing and managing the quality of our TransUnion Rental Screening business.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance / Application Development experience
- 3+ years of Management experience required
- Data Driven Testing (DDT), Continuous Integration (CI) a big plus
- 5+ years of hands-on experience implementing test automation
- 2+ years of service virtualization desired
- Deep understanding of different automation architectures tools and processes (eg. Selenium webdriver, Specflow frameworks a plus)
- Proven experience working in Agile/Waterfall methodologies
- Strong technical background in software development with a distinguished track record on implementing technically demanding projects
- Preferred experience with .Net and Java applications
- Strong experience in rational databases such as SQLServer, MySQL, DB2 etc
- Working experience in Windows and Linux environments
- Strong organizational effectiveness and communication skills; proven ability to effectively influence in a matrixed organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience in a technical IT environment
Impact You'll Make:
The Manager of Quality Assurance/ Engineering plays a crucial role within the Application Development organization. Our Managers have deep development experience and a passion for quality. They help bridge the technical and non-technical teams in order to solve complex problems and ensure Quality effectiveness. This role will leverage a strong desire to improve quality through technology and manage skilled resources in a fast-paced innovative Agile environment.
- Quality Assurance leadership in a matrixed environment for all Canada based applications
- Hands on Manager of a team of testers; coach and mentor team members
- Build an advanced technical test team that emphasizes quality through Automation and Continuous Integration.
- Continue a strong relationship with Canada Quality Assurance Team, Product teams, Application Development, and other Quality teams to build better test strategies and solutions.
- Collaborate with Application Development teams to increase Automation test coverage and overall quality
- Work with Quality Assurance Manager in Canada to provide quality deliveries, weekly/monthly reports and team evaluation
- Evaluate and implement quality frameworks to enable faster application delivery.
- Build strategic plans and Quality roadmaps
- Identify and implement code quality metrics around performance and efficiency
- Lead continuous integration efforts to increase test frequency.
- Travels as needed to support Quality teams
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Manager I, Quality Assurance
Back to top