Manager - DevOps
What We'll Bring:
•How You'll Contribute:
• Manage the adoption of hosted software development tools, including Bitbucket, Jenkins, Confluence, Black Duck, Veracode or alternatives
• Mentor team members and drive required deliverable to completion.
• Manage Deployments and upgrades above hosted development tools to server environments.
• Work with PM, QA, Engineering, and product leadership to customize hosted tools to improve team efficiency
• Work with the Core team and project teams to identify opportunities to develop new, custom hosted development tools
• Create and maintain documentation for studio use of hosted development tools
• Communicate downtime, upgrade plans, or other worthy topics to the studio at large when appropriate
• Other duties may apply
What You'll Bring:
Dynamics of the Role
At TransUnion, a leader in the information services industry, we've made a habit of impacting our clients through creative solutions as we leverage our collaborative approach across this global firm. Our commitment to technology is second to none. We constantly encourage new ideas and new thinking from our employees, which in turn assures our continued growth. Our expanding Quality Assurance department is looking for a Manager - DevOps to help grow and support the DevOps function with the company.
One of the central objectives of our company is to keep our team of hardworking specialists content and motivated. That's why we need you, a devoted Manager - DevOps, to lead our superstar team. You will have the exciting opportunity to drive our capacity for triaging and handling operational issues while advising our team on the process of writing code and engineering systems that will make our entire codebase more reliable, testable, and scalable. You will also advance innovative and comprehensive tools and practices to improve deployment and testing. If you want to play an integral role in planning processes with the support of our entire engineering team, then consider working for us.
The Team's Focus
We have a diverse, global IT Quality Assurance and DevOps department supporting initiatives across all TransUnion lines of business within the US and Internationally. The team is evolving from a support function to a delivery and operationally focused unit looking to apply DevOps practices to align with company's on-going transformation to Agile.
Impact You'll Make:
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degrees in Computer Science, IT, software engineering, web development, and programming are favorable.
- 1-2 years of experience of direct and in-direct management of team members.
- Knowledge and understanding of common software development tools and processes, including version control, issue tracking, and continuous build processes.
- Understanding of web application development, server deployment and upkeep, and general networking practices.
- Knowledge of modern practices in Windows and Linux server administration.
- Understanding of deployment and administration of server-hosted software solutions.
TransUnion Job Title
Manager II, Development Ops
Back to top